parts source

Got questions? We got answers....
soup-n-sandwich

parts source

Post by soup-n-sandwich »

Hi guys,
I'm up to my neck in a complete rebuild of a 2002 KDX220.
I was hoping to use one source for as much of the replacement parts as possible but finding some of the stuff for a reasonable price isn't easy.
I'm trying to get most of the parts from Rocky Mountain but I can't find everything there. There seems to be a very limited choice for many of the parts. What are you guys using for your part sources?

I'm looking for black MX rear fender, black front fender. I would like a black gas tank but waay to expensive. I'm looking for white radiator shrouds as well.
I need gasket kits for the top and bottom end. Wheel, swing arm, linkage, ,steering, shock bearing/bushings, chain tentioner. Swing arm chain glide pad, chain rollers, radiators, and a much of other parts.

The OEM stuff is over the top, unreasonably expensive but for some of the parts I don't think I have a choice.
What are you guys doing for parts sourcing?

Thanks
Chris
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: parts source

Post by TwistedRoot »

I was able to find everything I needed at either RMATV or eBay. There are plenty of legit sellers on eBay with hundreds/thousands of positive feedback. Prices lower than retail and they ship quickly. Make sure your buying from a reputable seller and you wont have issues.
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

There is no one-stop-shop for a bike not sold in 16 years. :-(
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

I have always been able to find pretty much everything I needed from RMATV, Motosport, Dennis Kirk, Partzilla for OEM parts, and eBay for used parts only...too many chinese knock-offs to trust anything new on there anymore. Oh yea, frpoffroad.com too

For new, you will probably only be able to find green rad shrouds, green or purple used ones, don't think I've seen very many (if any) white ones for the OEM tank. should be able to find a black maier mx rear fender. for front fender, can use one from pretty much any Japanese bike, just might need to redrill the holes. I like how the 03-05 KX125/250 front fenders look on the KDX's the most, but to each their own. Best bet with the radiators might be to have repaired/straightened/braced by one of the shops you can send them in to. I have heard a lot of horror stories about the new ones for sale on e-bay. The rest of the stuff shouldn't be very hard to find.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

FRPOFFROAD.COM will have the vital stuff for sure, especially parts that make her run.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA