KDX Restore photos

Got questions? We got answers....
soup-n-sandwich

KDX Restore photos

Post by soup-n-sandwich »

Hi guys.
I've been looking for the owner of this KDX bike but can't seem to find the photo on KDXRIDER. Is there a photo gallery or list of photos with the associated member that posted them available? Image

I'm trying to make contact with the owner to asked some questions about one of the all time best looking KDX H series I've seen to date.

Thanks guys,
Chris
Attachments
200 final right-.jpg
200 final right-.jpg (582.26 KiB) Viewed 859 times
200 final front-.jpg
200 final front-.jpg (666.63 KiB) Viewed 859 times
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KDX Restore photos

Post by John_S »

I followed the restoration of these two bikes. He did a great job!! Here’s the thread

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=22266
ericr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ericr »

That would be me. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.
'02 KDX 200, '02 KDX 220 - My restoration thread
soup-n-sandwich

ericr wrote: 03:03 pm Jul 11 2022 That would be me. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.
Hi Eric,
I originally wanted to know where you found that tail light for the builds. I have had the pictures of your bikes in my computer since it was first released. I can say with passion that these bikes are the best looking KDX builds I've seen....ever. Amazing work. Amazing attention to detail and just an amazing combination of finishes and parts that make the bikes look as serious as a brain aneurysm!

I'm planning on doing something similar but the cost of used KDX are seeing for more than they sold for at the dealership in the year they were new!! Some are selling for more than the MSRP!

I just wanted to say how well done I think those KDX project bikes are.
I was seriously considering the Beta 200RR but they are $9K!!! I plan on racing the bike in local enduros and scrambles. I hope after I set the bike with for me, with suspension mods and engine modes that it performs as good as it looks. I hope it can challenge the other Euro and Jap 200s.

Thanks Eric for a hopeful future on a KDX!
Chris
ericr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ericr »

Thanks, Chris! I say, get yourself a KDX. They're fun to work on and fun to ride. You won't regret it.
'02 KDX 200, '02 KDX 220 - My restoration thread
soup-n-sandwich

ericr wrote: 05:37 pm Jul 11 2022 Thanks, Chris! I say, get yourself a KDX. They're fun to work on and fun to ride. You won't regret it.
Thanks Eric,
I've had two KDXs already. A 1996 and a 1998. I was second guessing myself a bit because, after all it's an older platform. Not as nimble as a more recent enduro bikes but bullet proof. I was initially concerned about parts availability but after some of the guys showed me some sources and I just got a return email from Jeff F. (Mr. KDX) I think we'll be okay in that department.

Thanks Eric
Chris