Tires - Trials or Gummy ?

Got questions? We got answers....
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Tires - Trials or Gummy ?

Post by Goat »

Since retiring my KDX from MX duty, I can go back to my old quandry: next rear tire.
I had great result using the Kenda Equilbrium that runs trials rubber in a semi-knobby. But if trials are even gooier…..
Has anybody run this or other gummy cheater in comparison to true trials?
I have not run trials since getting the KDX, but was very happy with how they worked on my old DT250.
I am going for best results on wet rocks/roots. The rain is coming and 1/2 the trails at Walker will have running water in them.
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250
kdxdazz

Re: Tires - Trials or Gummy ?

Post by kdxdazz »

i can only say i have run a trails tyre on my kdx220 and loved it,so much so that knobby tyres seem almost dumb in comparison, i then put a front trails tyre on and it became the best handling road bike ive ever had, i'' never go back to knobbies
1999 KDX220SR (KDX220-B5)
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Goat »

Nice. Mine is on verge of scary over about 40/50 mph on the road. I had not really thought of front tire, too. TY.
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250
tystick82

Post by tystick82 »

I've got the Equalibrium tire on my kdx. I love it on almost everything. The only real complaint is its not good in the mud. Bit that's the same as a trial's tire.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

I know a lot of guys here in the PNW that run trials tires on their plated dirt bikes, makes connecting roads easier riding and they swear by them in everything but mud and sand. Some of them have gone back to knobbies with the new gummy cheaters out now but they don't last long.