No toil problems?

Got questions? We got answers....
tystick82

No toil problems?

Post by tystick82 »

Anyone else on here noticed that using no toil air filter oil cause filters to delaminate or have any problems with no toil?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: No toil problems?

Post by SS109 »

Been using it for 10+ years now with no issues. Of course, I only use No-Toil filters as well which I know the filter glue is compatible with No-Toil filter oils. I have heard that it will delaminate a certain brand of air filter (Twin Air I think) as the glue and oil don't play nice with each other but I have no experience with that. I will be trying a Tusk air filter soon (it was so cheap I have to give it a shot) with red No-Toil so I guess I'll see how it does there.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

I've used it for 5+ years with no problems on Twin Air filters. I've had a Tusk filter oiled up for a few weeks with it and was just messing with the filter this afternoon and there's no problem. I use the green oil but also used to use the red. Washing them with their cleaner in the sink is so easy I'll never go back to washing filters in solvent or gas. Oxy-clean also worked well when I ran out of the No Toil cleaner.
firsthere
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by firsthere »

Using No toil, 2 OEM filters on a Honda I own have delaminated. One of them started coming apart on the its second cleaning. (I assume it is the Toil causing this.)
Tusk and Pro-X filters have had no problems so far.
tystick82

Post by tystick82 »

I've had it happen to a few filter over the years so I ended up switching to the maxima oil instead. It works great and is only a little harder to clean up