jetting for 99 kdx

Got questions? We got answers....
Jace 220R

jetting for 99 kdx

Post by Jace 220R »

Hey all, any suggestions on what my jetting should be for sea level altitude? Running boysen reeds, standard air box fmf full pipe. I notice that beginning throttle and 1/4 open its like it runs with stutter, until i open throttle more and pulls sweet as not sure what jets are in but have a jetting kit for her!! running 32-1 ratio.
Any1 thats at same altitude and has the set up with needle position would be highley appreciated thanks

Jase

ps: i am searching the q/a section as sure its covered somewhere just hope somebody is the same as me :roll:
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: jetting for 99 kdx

Post by Goofaroo »

Have you been through the carb? It could be that the pilot jet and emulsion tube are dirty.

Once you know it’s clean check the float level. As for jetting I would first try the stock pilot jet and set the needle to the stock position and see what happens. That’ll give you a baseline to start from. Also take note of the main jet size. If it’s several sizes up from stock you might want to take it down a bit. I think FMF has a jetting guide online that will possibly enlighten you.

If you’re running synthetic oil you could go to 50:1 on the mixture for a cleaner burn. Check your plug and see if it’s black.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

Jace 220R

Post by Jace 220R »

Thanks Goo,
I had the carb all cleaned when i done the head, but i didn't do myself as i don't have the space but now do.
So will whip it off and have a gander thanks for the link too pal.