New (to me) 92 KDX250-D

Got questions? We got answers....
Andrew232355

New (to me) 92 KDX250-D

Post by Andrew232355 »

Hello fellow smokers, just picked up a 92' KDX250-D, first off super pumped about it, picked it up for 600 bones with a bill of sale.

Solid machine that needs work, I am mechanically inclined so shouldn't be an issue.

So the wiring harness is pretty, how do I say this, f****d.
So is it possible to create your own harness for this bike to run an enduro kit on it or would I have to find an oem harness for my exact year?

Second what is the most reliable top end kit to buy and what exhaust systems would make this thing pop?

Third what jetting system would yall recommend for said exhaust at 4k elevation in northwest montana?

Main purpose for my endeavor here is to eventually obtain a title and street legalize this beast to shred the rockies with. So all recommendations should be oriented towards 60%Street/40% offroad.

Thanks in advance! :supz:

(Hopefully this forum is still alive)
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New (to me) 92 KDX250-D

Post by bufftester »

Wiring on the 2Ts is stupid simple, if you have any experience with a soldering iron and heat shrink you can convert it to street use (float the ground, add a battery, turn signals, etc) Lots of threads on here about doing just that.
Wiseco or ProX (Wiseco is preferred) for top ends, I like OEM gaskets, but Cometic are good as well.
Jetting is going to depend on a bunch of variables that haven't been mentioned (Carb type, engine condition, pipe selection mix ratio, etc)

Congrats on the new bike
Andrew232355

Post by Andrew232355 »

How does one select the right pipe? @bufftester
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Not sure what pipes are available for the 250, it's a bit of a unicorn these days and parts are getting harder to source, though there has been at least 1 or 2 other members on here recently who have picked up 250s. As for selecting pipes, it depends on the type of riding you're planning on doing. Generally there is a "Rev" or "Desert" pipe to accentuate the top end performance, and a "Woods" or "Torque" pipe to accentuate the bottom end. I'm sure some of the 250 owners will drop in and expound a bit more.
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Goat »

Mine has the Tusk street kit. Headlight still runs off the bike, but required thru switch for hi/lo.
The blinkers and tail light are LEDs that run off battery about the size of deck of cards. You recharge by plug in.
I have never run out of juice, but also rarely use it. So I just charge every couple months to maintain the battery.
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net.

Congratulations on the KDX250.

Pro Circuit made a pipe. FMF made a pipe. I am not 100% sure on current options. I looked the other day at the websites.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128