Setup ??’s

Got questions? We got answers....
EVG

Setup ??’s

Post by EVG »

I’ve been out riding my new to me KDX 220 a handful of times now, and I am definitely addicted. I need to set the bike up better for my taller height though(6’4”). I have already had new springs put on the bike for my weight and it makes a huge difference. I now want to move to additional setup. I have IMS pegs on order for my large feet, hoping I can adjust the shifter up a spline or so, struggling getting the boot under on the up shift. I am going to be ordering a guts tall seat to get me more on the bike instead of too far in. Are bump and step options needed? As well I need to do something about the handle bars. Instead of going with a high bend bar I’m thinking of going with the 2” Rox Risers and a flatter bar such as the ProTaper Evo bar in the SX Race bend. Am I on the right course here? Any insight or thoughts on things I should do differently or reconsider? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Setup ??’s

Post by KDXGarage »

I would not get a bump / step on a woods bike.

I would suggest taller seat foam (and cover, if the current cover does not have enough slack)

taller risers and lower bars might not be a lot different
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

I'm too short to have any direct input, but this channel always has good info on stuff. I noticed they have a video about bike set-up for tall riders:

https://youtu.be/ky9i2ZkJnao
05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Sounds like you're on the right track, suspension is the biggy and you got that already. risers and tall seat should help in the ergo department as well
EVG

Post by EVG »

Tyl3r wrote: 04:08 pm Jun 26 2020 I'm too short to have any direct input, but this channel always has good info on stuff. I noticed they have a video about bike set-up for tall riders:

https://youtu.be/ky9i2ZkJnao
I will check it out!