OEM clutch actuator and....

Got questions? We got answers....
twostrokeheros

OEM clutch actuator and....

Post by twostrokeheros »

Hi, parts diagram doesn't call for what looks like a rubber o-ring type seating under the washer (2000 kdx 200). I don't know if it is just an o-ring or if it goes down into the shaft some (but it looks like it does).
Does anyone know? Searching has not answered this as of yet. I don't want to pull it off without being prepared.

I also ordered a new clutch cover, and it came without the sight glass? Any suggestions on what to do with that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch for any insight into this. I just finished putting a new top end in, and I realized that the PW were probably not even working right. So it should be a new bike. I also had the piston coated with line2line coatings. Never tried that before, but a good friend recommended it. Image
Attachments
KDX 2000.jpg
KDX 2000.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1223 times
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: OEM clutch actuator and....

Post by kdxsully »

From what I understand, removing the sight glass in your old clutch cover will almost certainly break it. I think a new one is like $15.
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Seal up top, bearing on the bottom. Look at some used covers on eBay to see what is on there. I was recently confused until I saw some on there. Someone else was asking about 3 months ago.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The seal is 92049-1262, it's listed on the diagram for the engine covers, with the bearing (92046-0042) right below it, not on the clutch diagram. You may need both if you got a cover without them installed. The sight glass will likely break if you try to remove it, take care installing the new one that you don't drive against the glass, it won't make it.
twostrokeheros

Post by twostrokeheros »

bufftester wrote: 09:18 pm Jul 29 2019 The seal is 92049-1262, it's listed on the diagram for the engine covers, with the bearing (92046-0042) right below it, not on the clutch diagram. You may need both if you got a cover without them installed. The sight glass will likely break if you try to remove it, take care installing the new one that you don't drive against the glass, it won't make it.
Thank You. I don't think I would have thought to look in the engine covers. I ordered the sight glass today. I am assuming from the pic it is already incased in some type of bearing material. I Def going to order those extra parts you mentioned just in case.

I am def going to order the extra parts just in case. The bike seems to favor that bit of protrusion on the clutch cover whenever it goes down or I need to drag the front end around.