1992 125 KDX CDI unit wirings

Got questions? We got answers....
vrum

1992 125 KDX CDI unit wirings

Post by vrum »

Could someone please tell me the original wiring of a '92 125 KDX CDI box? Especially the all-white and brown-white cables are a bit of a mystery to me. I have a project with non-original electrics and getting some spark out of it seems hopeless. All the original electric components are not present anymore so I can not use the original wiring diagram I found somewhere.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: 1992 125 KDX CDI unit wirings

Post by kdxsully »

The first thing I would do is look at the stator to see what wires are coming from where. Then I would test resistances.

Go to dragonfly75.com/moto, and look at his CDI schematic. This may not be identical to what you have. But it might help in figuring out what wires should go where. Shoutout to member “Jaguar” for these.

Your title says ‘82 but your post says ‘92 by the way.

Hope this helps at least a little.
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hopefully, someone from Europe or elsewhere will chime in. Most people on this forum are from the USA, and Kawasaki did not sell that model in this country.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
vrum

Post by vrum »

Sorry, the bike is '92
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

OK. I edited it to say "1992".

Good luck on the search.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Dan 250sr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Dan 250sr »

vrum wrote: 05:18 am Jun 17 2019 Could someone please tell me the original wiring of a '92 125 KDX CDI box? Especially the all-white and brown-white cables are a bit of a mystery to me. I have a project with non-original electrics and getting some spark out of it seems hopeless. All the original electric components are not present anymore so I can not use the original wiring diagram I found somewhere.
What do you intend on doing with it, field bike or get it road worth ? I had a 125 92 sr and a manual . Long time ago. It used to have a cut out switch on stand, if you put it in gear while stand was down it will kill engine. Have you checked everything is there. .. capacitor..rectifyer...kill switch.. also if you look online at some parts we bike ect. Find your model... go through the parts diagrams and try identifying electrical parts to make sure nothing is missing ..