Replacement Cones Question & Pics of Renthal Green Fatbars

Got questions? We got answers....
RC_ichard

Re: Replacement Cones Question & Pics of Renthal Green Fatbars

Post by RC_ichard »

Issue resolved - went to my local KX store with a tape measure and found a set for a CRF450 /CRF250 mounts were just about the same exact size as the stock KDX ones so just went with that.

Thanks for all the help guys!!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Congratulation on finding some. Part number for people in the future?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Vossman »

RC_ichard wrote: 03:54 pm May 17 2019
Vossman wrote: 04:41 pm May 08 2019 Image
Hey Voss,

So i took a look around at ride engineering for the cones - but they dont seem to have KDX specific ones. There were some for the KX, but they dont give demensions upfront and my email has not been answered from them... so can you provide some insight on what version your using? Even though they are tad out-of-spec from the stock --> Do you run them fine and like the feel? Dont mind the control damper at the moment, but if i got more response without a ton of extra vibes that would be an awesome upgrade IMO.

THanks!
RC, I thought I replied to you. Sorry about that.
Glad you got it figured out and thanks for letting us know.
I never used the Ride cones, got new OEM ones cause I thought it was too much BS to find others. Nobody would or could give me measurements and I figured I’d focus on the bigger fish. I may go try the CRF cones once I finally get finished.
RC_ichard

Post by RC_ichard »

Noooo problem man!!

You posted the photo which helped out a ton once I got to my local MX store and just started to check the various ones in stock.

I ended on the MSR Hard Parts - Handlebar Bushings CRF250-450 which is a poly cone that has more of a firm feel compared to the stock ones but not as stiff as the billet ones would be.

First Number) 34-2606
Second Number) 70.2009GY

I will note they were on the slightly smaller size like the Ride Engineering ones Voss posted a picture of - so I just used a set of washers the same OD as the cones to get the clearance needed for the provided curved washers.

I got mine on the discount rack at the local store... so the cones may be discontinued as I can’t find any info on the MSR website about any bushings at all and lots of retailers I found with google search on the two part numbers above show out of stock unknown restock date.

Hope it helps someone!
Last edited by RC_ichard on 08:32 pm Jun 08 2019, edited 1 time in total.
RC_ichard

Post by RC_ichard »

Oops, forgot to attach a photo of the pack for reference!
MSR Bushings that fit KDX200-H8
MSR Bushings that fit KDX200-H8
D75FF92C-F3D8-4D68-82DF-7DC6CB0F3157.jpeg (274.16 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
I will grab some photos of them in the cone holes so you can see how far they set in - it’s just a few 10th of a mm but that’s why I threw and extra washer on there for clearance and worked out perfect for me! (YMMV - Goooooood luck!!)