Wiring after removing lights.

Got questions? We got answers....
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Wiring after removing lights.

Post by Vossman »

I’m not gonna put the headlight, switch or taillight back on the bike. Can I just disconnect and tape off the wire ends and stow them neatly in the wire bundle?
Electrical ain’t my thing. Where does the power that’s generated go? Anything to be worried about?
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wiring after removing lights.

Post by pumpguy »

Don't see why not. Power generated by the lighting circuit won't go anywhere so long as there is no complete circuit. It would be the same thing as if you had the lights turned off. The lighting coil is still making juice, it just has nowhere to go.

Just be sure you don't also remove the kill switch too.
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Vossman »

Looks like I can just pull the two wire connectors that are circled and not connect the one wire (assume that’s a ground wire) with red arrow and that should be it.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

You can just put the entire bundle back on and secure the ends that attach to the bulbs and you'll never notice it, plus it's there if you ever decide later to add lights. Otherwise, disconnect the tail light at its connector under the seat, disconnect the red and yellow wires circled, wrap the ends with a bit of tape, and remove that piece of the bundle. The other ground (that has the zip tie going through it does need to be connected as it is the ground side of your kill switch