Kdx 250sr cdi

Got questions? We got answers....
Dan 250sr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Kdx 250sr cdi

Post by Dan 250sr »

Post 11:43 am Jan 17 2019

Hello kdx people.. I'm trying to put a kx cdi on to my kdx250 sr the kdx stator wire's goes to a rectifier 1 st .. That's all 3 wire's from stator coil ..
A kx cdi has still got 3 wire's going to stator coil , but from what I can work out is one of those wire's is for timing curve, and is a smaller coil. The voltage changes to adjust timing curve ? My stator is putting 50 volts through all 3 wire's. I'm can't seem to find out what power a kx uses for the timing curve wire . And I'm not 100% sure if I am correct about timing curve wire.
So I'm kinda stuck with what power, voltage I will need to make it work. As all 3 stator wires are giving me same voltage on the kdx 250sr.. I will be grateful for any education all the best Dan
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: Kdx 250sr cdi

Post by Jaguar »

the two are of different designs and not compatible.
Why don't you just use the original KDX CDI?
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
Dan 250sr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Dan 250sr »

I was hoping for a bit more go with kx cdi.. to be honest I've just put 265 barrel on , it was wheel spinning in 3 rd on the road with 14 and 45 sprockets. So I'm quite happy as it is now..I'm running a kx barrel with center power valve. So I fort the kx cdi would work better having middle power valve now fitted. Japanese sr only has side valves. I wasn't sure if I could trick kx cdi timing curve with resistors ect...would it be possible bust open a original 250 sr cdi and change resistor for spark plug?.just a thought.
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

click on the url in my signature and go to the section about CDI which tells how to dig into them and what to expect
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
Dan 250sr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Dan 250sr »

Ok thanks, i have noticed you know a thing or two about theses cdi's , I will find a second hand one .. not going to reck current one . Cheers