bookin'

Post by bookin' »

Beer the universal language :partyman:
built '97 KDX
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

well i finally got my df3 today, was checking it out. the air guide doesnt set flush with the reed cage. just wondering if anyone else's looked this way. do i just bolt it on and give it a try?
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Not sure what the air guide is. Can you post up a photo? I looked mine over pretty close and CC did post some photos here of his unit. Everything on mine fit like I thought it should.
Give MT a phone call. Jeff is very easy to talk to. Their # is on their website.
Oh, scroll back to earlier posts on this thread. There you will find the photos. Maybe those will help?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

hi ski
what i am referring to as the air guide is the piece that goes into the reed cage with the circular opening. kinda like the white piece in the stock reeds. on the df3 this piece when inserted all the way into the reed cage isnt flush with the reed cage. it may be alright with the gasket on. a friend already has one i'll ask him if his looked the same. would post a pic if i had time to figure out a way.
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

In the photos put up by Inda for CC, it looks flush to me. Does yours look like the photos?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

the only pic i can see it in is the top one. that one looks like mine in the pic from that angle. if it were turned up where you could look across where the intake boot mates then you would see it (if it wasnt flat across the top). cant really tell if the one in the top pic is flush or not.
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Bug Inda as to why you can't see all the photos. There's several.
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hey now... they are all there... :shock:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

i could see them all, just the top one was the only one that showed what i was trying to explain. i guess the thing not being flat all the way across the carb side is no big deal. my friend at work that has one says his looked the same way. :partyman:
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Mine didn't sit flush, either.

Don't worry about it.

***edit**
I'm saying I was worried about it. Talked to Jeff about it. HE said 'Don't worry about it.'
***edit****

In the 3rd pic down, the airguide is on the left.
Last edited by canyncarvr on 01:52 pm Dec 02 2004, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well guys.. I have been buggin' RockyMountain to get some in... since they will be $20 cheaper if they decide to order some! If you get a chance... bug em! :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Aye, Aye Cap'n...Commence with the bugging :mrgreen:

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

i got the df3 in today. didn't change anything else. bike started with same number of kicks cold as always 3 well 4 i was excited and forgot the silencer plug was still in. first thing i noticed was that the idle wasn't as high with the choke on. didnt have time to ride much but it did feel better as far as bottom end. hopefully i can get a good ride on them this weekend.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

89;
You should notice extra poop right off the bottom when climbing hills. Felt torque should feel much improved and if you have a good tire and traction, hang on and sit way forward. Mine wanted to reach for the sky!
BTW did I ever tell anyone I love MT?!
Jerry

89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

ski,
did i read right that you went from the vforce to the vforce3? i wonder how much difference there was between the vforce and the vforce 2?
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Yes, I got the origional DF from a scratch and dent sale over at DennisKirk. I never tried the DFII as I was told the characteristics of the DFI and DFII set on the low tension setting were identical. (Told by Technician Jeff over at MT)
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

skipro3 wrote:89;
You should notice extra poop right off the bottom when climbing hills. Felt torque should feel much improved and if you have a good tire and traction, hang on and sit way forward. Mine wanted to reach for the sky!
BTW did I ever tell anyone I love MT?!
Guess there's no need for the 12 tooth then! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Making only one change at a time is a good practice. That way you can tell exactly what was affected. I still run the 12 tooth but I suppose that with the DFIII and the auto-clutch, it isn't really needed. Most times I start and stop in 2nd gear.
Jerry

bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Ski/canyncarvr
I just joined this site and one of the first posts I read is this one. Beins I consider the two of you "current sperts" which is sorta like "ex-sperts" only better, I immediately ordered my DFIII.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Hi Brad,
I rode again this weekend. The DFIII continues to amaze me. Every area I used to bog down and have trouble is now much more tractable. Let us know how it works for you. Your jetting should be pretty close to appreciate the reed set-up IMO.
Jerry