The new DeltaForceIII

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Mr. Wibbens wrote:Mine sucked so bad its still sitting on the shelf out in my shop!

Fit or performance?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

canyncarvr wrote:I took some pics of the DFII and DFIII that show the differences. They (pics) go somehwere around here......I 'spose....
CC.... email em to me and I will post them for you...since I have a server and all.... :P If you have them stored somewhere on the internet... use the Img button up and to the right in your post and then put the URL to the image and then hit the Close Tag link.

I'm sure you knew that but others may not. :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

DAMNIT CC!!!! Now I gotta have one too! Where did you get yours from and how much do I need to pad my time sheet this week to cover the cost? Anyone looking for an origional DF? Barely used! And you can read the name since it mounts with the name at the top.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Logo at the top, 'eh?

No wonder it din't work too good...it's upside down!!!

re: pics on the web?

No, they aren't.

And they are 1024x768 (or whatever) res, too.

What size you want 'em cropped to?

re: Why two?

Cuz' I'm special. But, you already knew that.......;)

I was in on the 'butt research' for the kdx DFII. Mostly it was my riding buddy Marty, but he and I both did some comparison riding. At the time we both had kdxs that were similarly equipped except for the DFII, so we had a 'baseline' to judge against.

He went thru several types/modifications before we thought something worked.

On the basis of our extensive research expenses...(thassa joke, son)... I ended up with a freebie.

...which I gave away..and has since been given to someone else.

Good karma? Heck...I could'a sold it to J-Who for $10 (including postage!)!! Why didn't I think of that????

I'll bring my camera in this week sometime...send 'em to Mr. Indawoods.

re: How many:

Uh...a few? Like three or so? Doesn't mean there weren't 500 of 'em.

Ski:

Time to talk to the wife about summa that egg money!!

Did I happen to mention it's cute, too?

re: where?

MT. Off their website. $$? Uh....it didn't cost anything but a little plastic!! $148 and I got a t-shirt!!

Oh..you need a special tool (No, not a special purpose!) to put reeds in this piece. The tool comes with replacement reeds. ...just in case you wondered.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

canyncarvr wrote: The tool comes with replacement reeds. ...just in case you wondered.
The tool comes with replacement reeds? Wow... how much is the tool??? :D :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Everyone likes a little.......no one likes a smart........;)

Probably around $50.

Guess it's a half fast decent tool.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I was told by MT that the origional DF (Not DFII) went in with the label up, not down. Did I get that wrong too?! Anyway, I will reverse it and install upside down just to prove you wrong.
Not that it matters, I discovered where the wife hides the egg money and she's going to visit her mother this weekend.
So, off to the MT website and order me up some o' dem reeds!!! (yum yum)

BTW anyone wanting to buy my tee shirt, it will be $20 but includes a never used DF reed set. (Never used correctly according to some anyway)

*EDIT*
Ordered reeds on-line last night. Today I got an e-mail back saying they are in stock and they will ship in 1-2 days.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I seem to remember seeing one of those. Isn't the label at the bottom, but it is pointing up? It is not on the bottom, pointing upside down, is it?
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Hold the phone!

I know (and knew) you had the earlier DF. I have no idea how it is supposed to mount..was only giving you a bad time.

The DFII is a symmetrical piece pretty much. If it DID fit either way, there wouldn't be any difference in its operation due to that fit.

You say new reeds are on the way. ????

New reeds for your DF?

...or you have a DFIII on the way?

re: label on the bottom pointing up.

Huh? The DFII label is not on a corner of a vertical, it's in the middle of a horizontal. If placed on the bottom it points down, if placed on the top (it generally won't fit that way) it will point up.

The DFIII label IS at an angle AND on a corner...it is on the top AND pointing up.
Last edited by canyncarvr on 02:32 pm Nov 09 2004, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

OK, thanks for the explanation.

What the heck does 327 mean???
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

JasonWho wrote:Isn't the label at the bottom, but it is pointing up? It is not on the bottom, pointing upside down, is it?
HUH?!? :shock:

Damnit CC... see what you started? Now "I" have to buy some too! (But not til Spring... Give CC and MT time to work out any bugs! :P ) I've got seasons and all ... kinda sucks sometimes but at least I don't get in a bad mood 'cause I could be riding when I tear her down!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Kindly let me know that you guys understand this:

Skipro mentions 'new reeds on the way.'
Inda says he's going to buy 'some' too.

Do you say you have 'new tires' on the way if you bought the car they come with?

These are not reeds. You don't buy 'new reeds' to get a DFIII, you don't buy 'some' reeds, either. You buy the cage...it happens to come with reeds (handy, 'eh?).

No, the II reeds don't fit on either the DF or the DFII cage.

Even if you have the tool!!!!

There will be some pics here shortly that compare/show the II and the III.

I'm sure it was clear...but really...if it was and you guys use that sorta english...I'm simply amazed! ;)

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

CC's DFIII

Post by Indawoods »

CC... this ain't our first Rodeo! :mrgreen: I know others may think that all you need to do is buy "reeds" but WE know that it is the cage design that works the magic here and that the reeds are a subpart of that.... Is that the point you were wanting to make? Here are the pics you sent me CC.... A picture is worth a thousand words.... right? :P

Web Site
http://www.mototassinari.com/
Application Chart
http://www.mototassinari.com/PDF/MOTOinsert04.pdf

Complete Unit
Cage w/petals V313A All KDX 200/220 $148.00

Parts List
Petals 3P682 (only part listed) :roll:
Gasket G313

Last edited by Indawoods on 12:50 am Nov 10 2004, edited 3 times in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

canyncarvr wrote:Kindly let me know that you guys understand this:

No, the II reeds don't fit on either the DF or the DFII cage.

Even if you have the tool!!!!

I'm sure it was clear...but really...if it was and you guys use that sorta english...I'm simply amazed! ;)
Glad to have amazed you CC. I know I was amazed when I read your post saying that the II reeds don't fit the DFII cage, even with the tool.

Kindly let you know we understand? Duh understand what?

Ferchristsakes man, of course we knew the cage and reeds are a set. You must really think highly of us to find the need to check.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Oh that sucks CC I've only ridden with my DFII about 5 times and now the III is out DOH. I really am glad you like it. Thanks for the report.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Have you guys seen this post?

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=106528

Of course.... replace megalomanic with DRN's site name.....

:lol: :butthead:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

No need to replace the name. click and it takes you to the D R N site!
Who do it know?!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

skipro3 wrote:No need to replace the name. click and it takes you to the D R N site!
Who do it know?!
Cool... in preview mode it doesn't link it...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I have ordered the DFIII (Whatever that is) $148
I suspect it is the reed cage with actual reeds. Sorry I get lazy when typing. I just shortened the whole assembly to just "reeds" in my past posts.
I'll be posting my old set-up (origional DF) on e-bay soon unless someone here asks about it.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

JasonWho wrote:Fit or performance?
Both! It did not fit and after I made it fit , it was like a light switch, either on or off :evil:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS