Case saver for KDX?

Got questions? We got answers....
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Case saver for KDX?

Post by wanaride »

I saw a Moose case saver (doo-hickey that mounts around the CS sprocket) that looked like a better choice than the stock mount that simply collects mud.

Moose doesn't have a case saver part number for the KDX, but buykawasaki indicates the stock KDX200 (2003) case saver has the same PN as the KX250, and Moose does have a KX250 case saver.

Before I order a KX250 case saver for my '03 200, has anyone else tried this? Are there any other options for a case saver that doesn't collect mud around the CS sprocket? I've read that mud and debris in this area can puncture the seal around the sprocket...
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

On my KDX, I took the plastic cover off and left the metal case saver part on. That should be all the moose guard is anyway. My KX250 and KDX220 use the exact same part BTW, so I would guess the Moose unit will work for your KDX.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The Case saver is a one use item... kinda like airbags.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Good enough, maybe I won't have to order this after all. Thanks guys!
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Yep. The plastic cover is there to collect mud and debris. :roll: Also, just in case you forget, it's there so you'll always have a written reference for the shift pattern. :wink:

As Vince said...One time use. If you want bling...replace the whole unit with the Moose. As far as function...The Pro has it down again "I took the plastic cover off and left the metal case saver part on"

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC