120 x 100 x 18

Got questions? We got answers....
KDIXER

120 x 100 x 18

Post by KDIXER »

Anyone ever ran a 120x100x18 rear tire. My local dealer was out of 110x100x18 and i wanted a slightly larger footprint than stock. My 220 has a 12t cs & stock rear sprocket. I went ahead and got the 120 & it fit fine. No clearance problems at all.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thats what I run. Keep in mind that different tyre manufacturers have different size standards. IE A Michelin 120x100x18 is a different size to a Dunlop 120x100x18. I think it a European thing.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDIXER

Post by KDIXER »

So theres no weird handling characteristics caused by the size difference? Is there significantly more traction?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

They can get a little squirrelly cornering, straight line they just plain hook up!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDIXER

Post by KDIXER »

Hope there not too bad cornering. Straight sounds good though. This bike had no problem spinning before. My last tire went out going up a very steep long hill (thank goodness for rimlocks).
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

There have been those that dis the 120 size for reasons of handling..things like, 'harder to brake steer.'

That always sounded pretty picky to me. I've used the 120 for years. Too much traction when you don't need it is a matter of throttle control and carb tuning. Other than that you can't get too much traction.

The one time I used an S12, it was a 130.

To each his own for sure.

FFR:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!