Hello

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Srmollard

Hello

Post by Srmollard »

Hello, been surfing the forum for the last couple of weeks. I found a 1990 kdx200 and a 1987 kx250 in a trash pile a few weeks ago (feels like I won the lottery!). They are definitely in rough shape, but started digging into it and it won’t take a whole lot to get them running. Figured I’d join a forum to document the rebuild process and have a place to ask questions. Life is busy, so it will be slow going and I might go a week or two between posts, but I look forward to getting it going!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello

Post by SS109 »

Welcome to the KDXrider family! Read and ask away. We're always here to help!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome aboard! ongratulations on the KDX and KX. I know a little about both, so ask questions when you need to.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Molly's 70 »

Welcome. :grin:
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
Srmollard

Post by Srmollard »

Thank you guys! I’ll make a post documenting it when I have time (have a 10 month old kid), but I am happy to say the kx250 fired up after minimal work. The kdx200 on the other hand needs a little love. There was water sitting in the left side cover and the flywheel was rusted to the ignition. Got it free. Magnets seem good, but the inner metal part of the flywheel has flaked away where the water was sitting. Looked for used flywheels on eBay and people want like $120 for a used one. I have bought multiple flywheels for past project bikes and have never spent more than $30 on them, so I was a little surprised. Are they a common part to go?