New to KDXRider in Nothern CA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Offroadguy

New to KDXRider in Nothern CA

Post by Offroadguy »

Hi, I recently found a very clean stock 2000 KDX 200 so bought it! My search for information led me here, which I am thankful for. So far I have done the suspension and linkage, converted the forks to KLX USD with Race Tech springs, FMF system, Works guards, Clarke 3.6 tank (stock one sprung a leak), some new tires, Renthal bars, gripper seat, IMS pegs, Acerbis handguards and trimmed the front fender to my liking. I attached some images of the bike after I got back from riding today.
KDX 200 1
KDX 200 1
IMG_1236.JPG (2.65 MiB) Viewed 1806 times
KDX 200 2
KDX 200 2
IMG_1238.JPG (4.12 MiB) Viewed 1806 times
KDX 200 3
KDX 200 3
IMG_1235.JPG (2.93 MiB) Viewed 1806 times
Though it runs well I think for peace of mind I am still going to do a top end and see if I can make the KIPS quieter while I am at it. Still sorting the jetting and a mushy front brake but this bike is a blast! Gotta love a green stickered two stroke that is unique, fun to ride and 1/4 the cost of a new euro bike! Always looking for folks to ride with, woods, desert, maybe even some D-36 stuff for fun. Take care and thanks for creating this forum!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New to KDXRider in Nothern CA

Post by SS109 »

Welcome to the family! That's a sweet looking KDX! :supz:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome. Congratulations on the nice KDX! Thanks for joining us.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the group, nice looking bike
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Beautiful looking KDX! Those graphics are mint and so is the bike overall. I spent 8 years in Napa mostly riding Foresthill, Carnegie, and Club Moto and was always looking for fellow KDX owners. I ended up moving back east at the beginning of 2022. You are absolutely correct, KDXs are exceptional bikes especially when you make the additions you did. It totally changes the bike and makes them compete with any bike on the market. Best of luck and enjoy!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Forget to ask in my previous reply, did you go Gnarly Rev or Woods pipe?
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

I’d say that’s the Rev (Desert) pipe for sure. Bike is PRIME. I miss having that jaunty rear fender on mine. It just looks badass.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
Offroadguy

Post by Offroadguy »

Thanks for all the compliments guys. The pipe is actually a FMF Burly, I believe it was produced before they changed the name to gnarly. Just added a V Force to it yesterday and re-jetted to 45 Pilot, 150 main and the stock 1174 needle with clip in the 2nd, air screw a hair over 1.5 out, NGK BR8ES. I run 91 pump gas with Amsoil Sabre synthetic which is a 100-1 oil that I run at about 80-1 I love the stuff 8 oz bottle to 5 gal of fuel, super easy, No Lid on airbox and a K&N Filter which came on the bike, (looking for a filter cage to go back to foam). I generally ride between 1,000 and 5,000 feet elevation, It runs crisp and clean, very snappy power, but will also lug like crazy if you want to. Also idles great and very little spooge. Probably going to try a 1173 needle in the 3rd, and drop the pilot to 42 and maybe a 148 main next time I go to higher elevations. Due for new chain and sprockets thinking of trying out 13/46 with a new o-ring chain.