Not yet KDX owner here

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
KrispyKDX
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Not yet KDX owner here

Post by KrispyKDX »

Hello all,
Just a brief intro from me. I had some bikes when I was younger and got back to it a couple of years ago at 40y old mainly with my 2 boys. Bought a DRZ70 for the youngest, a klx140 for the older one and a Klx300r for the very old one I am!
We don’t ride a lot since places are not too common around but still hope to ride more! Just changed the DRZ70 for a klx110 for the young one and looking to buy myself a KDX and sell the 300r.
I am looking for the loss of weight and ease of get the bike in the back of the truck and honestly I’ve always been a big fan of the KDX as a trail bike. Two strokes are also simplier to maintain and work on for me. I am on the edge of buying one of these and may have a couple of questions for you that I will put in a specific post.

So, long presentation to say I am very pleased to join this forum and see the amount of knowledge and care you guys have on these machines.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Not yet KDX owner here

Post by SS109 »

Welcome and hopefully you'll find your KDX!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome. Good luck on the search. If you see a potential candidate, let us see it and answer any questions you might have.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Kawibunga
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Kawibunga »

Welcome! Lots of good info here and guys willing to help. Lot's of knowledge. What part of Great White North you from? I'm out west in Alberta. If you pick up a 220 I'd jus assume that you'll do the top end right away just to be sure. We have 2 seasons on my lads 220 but feel it's a ticking time bomb without tearing into it, so the top end is coming off this month......... Good luck and hope you pick one up!
Go Riders!
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

Kawibunga wrote: 12:13 pm Feb 11 2022 Welcome! Lots of good info here and guys willing to help. Lot's of knowledge. What part of Great White North you from? I'm out west in Alberta. If you pick up a 220 I'd jus assume that you'll do the top end right away just to be sure. We have 2 seasons on my lads 220 but feel it's a ticking time bomb without tearing into it, so the top end is coming off this month......... Good luck and hope you pick one up!
You don't happen to be the fella I met a couple times at Wild Rose MX last summer are you? I would have had my KX250F. There was a fella with an English accent who was there with his kids, had a nice looking KDX.
'00 KDX 220R
Kawibunga
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Kawibunga »

Slick_Nick wrote: 10:22 am Feb 12 2022 You don't happen to be the fella I met a couple times at Wild Rose MX last summer are you? I would have had my KX250F. There was a fella with an English accent who was there with his kids, had a nice looking KDX.
Nope, former SK farm boy here. I do live in the SE so a 5 minute drive to the track, but not me. Not a moto guy really, off road and dual sport is my thing. When I do go though, I mainly ride the hill track. I've seen the big air in your pics, that's not my comfort zone! That being said, I've always thought a 125 would be fun there, as well as taking a school or two to work on some skills.

PS: sorry for the thread hijack KrispyKDX :) let us know if you get your KDX!
Go Riders!