Alberta KDX's!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Kawibunga
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Alberta KDX's!

Post by Kawibunga »

Been creeping this place for quite a while but figure I better post as I'm doing a complete rebuild this winter and I'm sure will have some questions!

Currently have 3 KDX
1 minty 02 220 for my middle boy, 15 years old. Got it this spring. Never seen a bike that old in that nice of shape!

1 01 220 that's fairly tired. That's my 17 year olds. Will be doing a father and son thing this winter and going through it. A bit tired but it works. No good pics of it to post at the moment

1 well used 02 with a blown top end (piston skirt went) that I just picked up $750 a few weeks ago for me, so that will be my winter project! Will post pics later this winter as I go along with the rebuild

And the reason I bought that is my boys are riding fairly well now. And my current ride, a 94 KLX650R is just to much of a pig for my old arse! You can point it straight up the mountain no problem and it's a blast, but just way to much of a pig and exhausting once in anything technical. Just too heavy. So that going to either get dual sported or moved down the road. Their KDX's feel like toys after coming off that. My past full time off road bike was a 97CR500 but got ride of that about 10 years ago and had everyone on quads for a while......

Looking forward to being part of the community and the enjoying the tips and knowledge found here.

Cheers,
Robert
Go Riders!
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Re: Alberta KDX's!

Post by Slick_Nick »

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum! I'm in Calgary, I mostly ride motocross these days, but I occasionally like to make sure the KDX still works, so we will spend a day out at McLean or waiparous.

'00 KDX 220R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Nice rides! Welcome.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Kawibunga
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Kawibunga »

Thanks guys! Hey SlickNick, ya I'm in Calgary too. Primarily have just been taking the boys to McLean. Have done Wiperous and Indian Graves back in the day but haven't taken the boys there. Next year I'd like to though! As for motocross, I don't have that skill set all though I have played around on the Hill Track over the years, always tempted to get a 125 just and take a school just to learn bit of moto though...... And nice bike! I plan on doing the fork swap as well.
Go Riders!
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

Be sure to check out my second rebuild thread for information on the fork swap! I can machine the bushings and spacers and knurl your stem for you as well.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=25102
'00 KDX 220R
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Goat »

Welcome! My XR650L lasted about 1 year past the KDX purchase, but did not get ridden. So it’s been sent down the road. Good luck!!
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250
Kawibunga
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Kawibunga »

Slick_Nick wrote: 12:22 pm Oct 18 2021 Be sure to check out my second rebuild thread for information on the fork swap! I can machine the bushings and spacers and knurl your stem for you as well.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=25102
I'll definitely check that thread out! Thanks for the heads up. I have two full sets of triples and forks, one from a 07YZ250 and 08KX250F. Not sure which one I'll use. And great to know about the bushings stem and spacer. I may take you up on some of that or potentially some drawing. My day job is the Engineering Manager at a good sized machine shop in the SE here. So I have Solidworks and work and home for side project work. Actually had one of our guys turn down a front rotor for me a bit ago on a DT200 project bike.
Go Riders!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome and good luck with the projects this winter.