Hello from New Jersey

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
sandman

Hello from New Jersey

Post by sandman »

Hello fellow KDX riders. I am a 49 year old novice rider that is getting back into riding. Last time riding was as a teenager riding a Suzuki TS185 in Maine. Now riding the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. Recently purchased a street legal 1996 KDX200. In the process of sorting out the bike. So far installed twin air filter, repacked muffler, new plug, replaced trans fluid, replaced front and rear wheel bearings, rebuilt front and rear brake calipers and installed new sprocket seal, sleeve and o-rings.

My next step is to start tuning the carb. I can see this site has excellent information and will be taking a deep dive into carb jetting. When I'm ready to ask questions regarding jetting where specifically should I post those questions?

Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance and If you ride the barrens please reach out.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello from New Jersey

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net.

The 1995+ KDX subforum would be the place for you to ask specific questions about your bike. If it is about tires, chain, best oil, etc. then the general Q&A would be the place. The carb reference section is really for reference instead of questions.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums. My first full size bike way back in my young years was a TS185 I inherited from my dad, loved that old bike.
kick

Post by kick »

Hey sandman
I live in South Jersey as well. I would just pull your snorkel if you haven’t yet and maybe drop to a 155 main. Lots of long deep sandy trails in the pines. My 04 did fine with with stock jetting and single track. Now I’m running a RB modified carb with a 40 pilot and 155 main. Shoot me a PM the enduro clubs have some great dual sport (enduro) rides coming up in November. I’ll be 49 by then and will be riding slower. Lol