New KDX owner from UK

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
johnapp

New KDX owner from UK

Post by johnapp »

Hi Guys I guess I should have introduced myself before putting posts on looking for assistance so apologies for that. I live in the NW of England near Liverpool and have recently bought a 1989 KDX 200 SR from someone advertising one about very close to me which I couldn't believe seeing i'd been looking for one for some time. The bike needs some restoration but is in good shape with original paint new aluminium wheels but the tank needed respraying calipers freeing carb cleaning and replaced the off road tyres with tarmac friendly ones. Need help with the rear shock parts (documented elsewhere) for which seem unobtainable as the clevis has small cracks.
I have had numerous bikes over the years since 1962 so probably should hang my boots up, but I still enjoy riding so perhaps there's a time to call it quits, my current other is a 650 Vstrom which is a good bike I've had for a good few years, sorry for the rambling introduction but thanks for allowing me to join the forum.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New KDX owner from UK

Post by bufftester »

Welcome and congrats on the new purchase
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. Good luck on the rebuild.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Guinness Dave
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Guinness Dave »

Welcome scouser!
johnapp

Post by johnapp »

Hi thanks for the welcome, desperate to get the rear shock rebuilt, so if anyone sees a shock or clevis (the only part I really need which can't be repaired) i'd be grateful to hear from anyone, there are no parts in the UK/Europe so the U.S. may have a better choice of parts, the clevis is obviously a weak point, hence the hairline cracks in mine . Japan auction websites may be another option. regards john
jonellie

Post by jonellie »

Hi John....Just joined the forum and believe it or not , the names John, from Liverpool, just bought a 89 E1 ! Go on facebook market place the is a guy in Wrexham selling a frame who does have some other parts. We will have to swap numbers!
johnapp

Post by johnapp »

Hi John, just posted a response to you, my phone number is 01695 363684 I would be interested to see if the guy in Wrexham has a sound suspension clevis, that strut was from 89 to 94 , the cracks surround the damping eye (bad design) and you often see bodged welding jobs but that destroys the seals in the damping eye. regards john