Hello from RENO!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
rowdyroundy702

Hello from RENO!

Post by rowdyroundy702 »

Names Colton and I was gifted a 1993 KDX200 from my wife's coworker because he is moving to Japan. So far I have almost stripped it down to the frame, had the jug "honed" by a shop, rebuilt the carb, and am currently tying to clean up the steel and friction plates of the clutch. Should be going back together tomorrow for the most part hopefully she tuens over! Was only 1 pound over factory compression when I did it, so everything is pointing to the good things. But the clutch would not disengage which lead to the teardown.

When I got it the first thing I did was drop the oil and it was chocolate milk :cry: very upsetting. I have an entire engine gasket set from Moose racing.

First picture is when I picked her up and second picture is what she currently looks like.
kdx2.jpg
kdx2.jpg (68.4 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
kdx1.jpg
kdx1.jpg (100.69 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from RENO!

Post by bufftester »

Congrats on the bike. Hopefully your shop didn't actually hone the cylinder as that is bad for plated cylinders. With chocolate milk oil your frictions are likely shot and probably the steels are a bit rusted which makes for a nice stuck clutch. Put a micrometer on them to make sure they are still serviceable. The E-series have a tendency to eat sub valves on the KIPS, so it's an area you'll want to take a look at, as well as your bearings in the linkage and swingarm.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello from RENO!

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome! Thanks for joining, and congratulations on the KDX.

The biggest stand out to me is "hone". I hope your cylinder had been sleeved at some point in the past and is not the stock plated cylinder.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128