finally a KDX owner

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
bac

finally a KDX owner

Post by bac »

after looking at a number of KDXs over the years, both for myself and my son, I finally found one that was worth buying and in my price range. it's a one-owner 89. a few years ago I ended up with a 95 Yamaha WR250Z (after a kx125- a terrible single-track bike!) and my son was on an 87 Honda CR80. all was well for a couple of seasons until he hit his growth spurt then the hunt was on again. The KDX fits the bill perfectly for the woods riding we do and his skill /experience. Will always be a mystery why no other Japanese maker built (or builds) a similar bike- especially with the number of older guys and women riding these days. Not everyone needs or wants the physical size and big power of a 300, etc.
Anyway, glad to be here

p. s. surprised and disappointed that the aftermarket doesn't support the E series more /better.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: finally a KDX owner

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net! Thanks for getting one and joining us.

Since they haven't been sold since the1995 models came out in fall of 1994 (26.5 years ago), a lot of cool or neat parts are no longer made.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

He owns a 95 WR250Z so he’s no stranger to having to hunt down parts. lol

I ran a 89 model WR250 in the Best In The Desert series back in 89 and 90. Nice reliable runner and it would make short work of a dry lake bed. Also a nice handling bike in the woods.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on comparison between the WR and KDX.
bac

Post by bac »

I've actually only ridden it briefly, and not on tight single track. it definitely needs some carb tuning and what not. currently rebuilding the forks and looking for an FMF pipe. anxious to ride it on some of the trails I frequent on the WR, though. Lacking the 250's power may be the one thing I dislike about the KDX- that and all the green!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

HEY! Watch it sucka! :-)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Goat »

I wanna test ride on the Z and Bultaco!!
My KDX is way better (for me anyway) than my buddies uncorked WR250F. But the Z might be a whole nother story.
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250