Hello from Southern California

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
lonekawgirl

Hello from Southern California

Post by lonekawgirl »

I was surprised that I hadn't actually joined this forum before now. I have certainly seen it in the past. I bought my first KDX in 1979, a 250, then another 250 in 81, followed by a C1 200 in September of 1986. My final KDX purchase was a 2003 220. But of all the motorcycles I have ever owned, my 86 C1 is the one I owned the longest. Around 2010-2011, I began to fear that I wouldn't be able to find restoration parts, so I bought a somewhat thrashed C1 for 400 bucks, as a parts donor. Sure enough, I couldn't stand to see the bike sitting like a pile of garbage in the garage, so it got restored also. I had some white 88 plastics that i had run on my original C1, laying around the garage, so I used those on the second bike to replace the oxidized plastics, and cracked gas tank. So now I have two C1s, the original (street plated) and the second "dirt only" one. Neither of them are show queens, but both are ready to hit the trails. Admittedly, they don't get out too often anymore, because I own a few current machines that have spoiled me with their fresh technology and cushy features, but I still like to get on the old greenies from time to time to reminisce about the mid to late 80s, when my little KDX was the finest cross country bike in the land, as far as I was concerned. I won a few trophies in local enduros on my C1, and spent countless days roaming the hills, deserts and forests on it.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hello from Southern California

Post by Goofaroo »

Welcome to the forum! At 26 years I thought I had owned my 1985 XR350R for a long time. lol
It sounds like you have some great bikes. I also like the C models. I have 87 model that I restored years ago. They are a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the forum!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hell yeah! Welcome to kdxrider.net. Thanks for joining AND participating. Nice C KDX's!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums. The 87 bike was the one my dad still pines over as one of the best bikes he ever owned, and he has owned every KDX model 200 up to the 94 E that he has been riding since mile 1. Love that old stars seat cover.
lonekawgirl

Post by lonekawgirl »

While I'm at it, here's a some pix of a couple of my old bikes. One is the 81 KX/KDX 250 that was cobbled together. I bought for next to nothing, and it was all in pieces and in boxes. I actually rode that in the Gringo 100 enduro in Baja, one year.
And here is my 03 220. That was a nice bike, but I gave it up for something newer and more exotic, after riding it for ten years.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

What did you replace the 220 with?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Cool pics!
lonekawgirl

Post by lonekawgirl »

Goofaroo wrote: 05:47 pm Jan 25 2021 What did you replace the 220 with?
Oops...I didn't even see this post until just now. I guess I haven't been on the forum for a while. :roll:
I replaced the bike with a 2013 Husqvarna WR125.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

It’s a cutie! What are your thoughts on the Husky compared to the KDX?
lonekawgirl

Post by lonekawgirl »

Goofaroo wrote: 08:25 pm Jun 02 2021 It’s a cutie! What are your thoughts on the Husky compared to the KDX?
Taller, better handling, better suspension components. For a 125, it has a pretty tractable powerband for its displacement, so while it won't win any torque contests with the KDX, it will still pull pretty well, especially for a 125 with a 38 mm carburetor. It bogged a little on steep, sandy uphills at first, but after going up two teeth on the rear sprocket, that pretty well fixed that problem. Then it will scream on top, a spot in the RPMs that I seldom use on tight single track. It also came with a complete 150 big bore kit. I never bothered to install the kit, since the bike ran so nicely with the 125 top end. Maybe when the cylinder wears out, I'll put that 150 kit on.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

So do you like it or do you miss the KDX?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Man! That is a SWEEEET looking 125! (or Woman! as the case is) :-)
lonekawgirl

Post by lonekawgirl »

Goofaroo wrote: 11:51 pm Jun 02 2021 So do you like it or do you miss the KDX?
Not too much. Remember, I still have a couple of C1s tucked in the garage. :boogie:
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TwistedRoot »

Good looking bike! I had the 2008 (Italian made) WR250. That bike ripped!
Attachments
WR250_08.jpg
WR250_08.jpg (868.42 KiB) Viewed 3864 times
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
lonekawgirl

Post by lonekawgirl »

TwistedRoot wrote: 11:21 am Jun 04 2021 Good looking bike! I had the 2008 (Italian made) WR250. That bike ripped!
Very nice 250! I still have my 2011 300, but I don't ride it much anymore because of how hard it is to kickstart (my knees are getting too old and worn out)and also the hard clutch pull....and the 39 inch saddle height.