Kips governor shaft

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Garydll

Kips governor shaft

Post by Garydll »

:doh: I have my engine split, going through it, I am doing a dry run with the assembly and noticed the the kips shaft has a bend. Can’t slide it past the witness marks where it should be. Is the shaft suppose to be straight?
Thanks
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Kips governor shaft

Post by bufftester »

yes. I assume you are referencing part # 13234-1101. If so, is part # 13236-1260 still attached and intact. When you disassembled the motor you did remember that the pawl on top of that shaft is held on by a left hand threaded nut, not a normal right hand?
Garydll

Post by Garydll »

:lol: :twisted: Yes I did know about the reverse thread bolt, I tried to turn it without securing it with a wrench. I forgot about that. I didn’t kill it,& gave it a little force.
I don’t do this everyday. I did this once before and didn’t have any problems. I started off maybe a bit to confident trying to get R done.
This all started with my transmission output shaft and sprocket suddenly stripped out while having it pegged in 2nd smoothing out the rock and bumps on the trail. My gears seemed to be jammed at that time. The next morning all my oil is on the floor. The shifter shaft seal was bent.The output & shifter shafts, seals were first on the list , began teardown.
The bikes all apart , All gears perfect. The forks, drum, everything looks good.I have my 2nd batch of kips parts soaking. I’m still waiting for some after thought parts.
I cleaned my cases, bla bla bla. I’m playing around making sure I could put it all back together, got my hands on the kips governor shaft. The shaft on the inside of the case is straight, all looks good but the shaft after the case going to the gear seems a little bent.
Would someone stop me from ordering more parts and loosing more of the few days left this year. Give it a tweak a bit if needed ? Wait for more parts?
I think I know ?
Garydll

Post by Garydll »

:lol: Nut nut not a bolt!!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

OOps. We live and learn.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo: