First bike! 96 KDX200 in WA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Burkeman79

First bike! 96 KDX200 in WA

Post by Burkeman79 »

Used bike, ran well first time out. When I got back and started looking.. realized it needs lots of love. First time I’ve ever turned a wrench on an engine. Gonna get wild.

Wiring system has been hacked up

peacock only works in reserve position

Carb leaks just a little

Jetted for altitude and I live at sea level

And don’t worry.... there’s more!!!!

(Other than that stuff, first ride was a blast and it ripped around. Looking forward to chatting, but mostly asking for help.)
Burkeman79

Re: First bike! 96 KDX200 in WA

Post by Burkeman79 »

And any people that might want to meet up in WA.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. Congratulations on the KDX. Head on over to the Q&A section, and fire away with the questions.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome and congrats on the bike. Where in WA? We ride Capitol Forest outside Olympia a lot, and Cle Elum, Naches, Gifford Pinchot, Mattawa. Lots of good riding in this state.
Burkeman79

Post by Burkeman79 »

I took the bike to Walker last week with a buddy who i mountain bike with, who is an excellent moto rider and he pushed me on some pretty hard stuff (according to him) for my first day. I have ridden motorcycles, so i already knew shifting and i mountain bike, so i know the woods, but i am new for sure.

I would love to hook up with some folks, anywhere. let me know! (the weekend of the 8/9th i got the pass for a day of riding..)
Pressingonward
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Pressingonward »

Welcome!

I'm located down in SW WA near Battle Ground
Mnolan660r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mnolan660r »

Hello!!
New member here myself. If you don't get your carb squared away anytime soon I will have a carb off of a 97' 200 that I would be willing to part with on the cheap, here soon. ( Lectron on order ) I did a full rebuild on it, new 160 main, 48 pilot, new air screw & spring, new float "stopper", new float gasket, new "jet housing" gasket, new slide cap gasket, new needle and clip, and new vent hoses. I would just make sure there are no changes from 96' to 97'.
I may be looking to find someone to ride with this weekend, (8/22) My buddy and I were going to go to Gifford, but he got his day pass revoked by the boss!! (his wife)

Not looking for a crazy fast ride, I've been out of the dirt scene for over a decade, and this will be my first time out in a LONG time!