Covid KDX

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
m1886

Covid KDX

Post by m1886 »

Between me and my 16 year old son we scraped together some money to buy him a solid but well used 2002 KDX200 on March 17th of this year. As you all know that is right about when the world fell apart with the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of that a lot of our other extra curricular activities and even regular school were cancelled. Suddenly we found ourselves with a lot more time and a little more money than we had planned on and after taking it for a couple of rides we decided to spiff it up a bit. One thing led to another and the next thing you know we're taking the bare frame to the powder coater and getting regular deliveries from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. It's nearly completely done and though there are still a few things we need to sort out he was able to ride it last weekend with the family and we had a fantastic time. We can never get rid of this bike partially because we'll never get the money we've put into it back but mostly because of the time I've been able to spend with my son working on it, getting frustrated, learning together and sharing some laughs as well. When I look back on the worldwide pandemic we're living through right now I hope I'll always think about the positives that came from it which for me is kind of embodied in this motorcycle. Thanks to all you guys for keeping this resource available to us and I hope this bike gives us many years of fun on the trails and in the desert.
Last edited by m1886 on 08:17 pm Jun 29 2020, edited 1 time in total.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Covid KDX

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. Thank you for joining AND participating.

Thanks for sharing your story. Congratulations on the KDX!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
BlkDakDave

Post by BlkDakDave »

Welcome!

Ah yes, buy a motorcycle and let the spending begin. The thing that is priceless is the bonding you and your son are getting out of this project. The real payback comes later as your son (and you) grow older and recall then time when... Most likely this will also plant the seed that your son will do the same with his son one day.
NEVER FORGET!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the bike and thanks for the reminder of why it's so much fun to have a riding family.
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Vossman »

Nice, would love to see pics.
m1886

Post by m1886 »

We took some time lapse video once we actually started assembling the parts back on to the bare frame. Those of you who really know what you're doing will get a kick out of how slow and inefficient we were, but we did eventually get it done. I'm working on getting all those clips stitched together and then I'll post a link to youtube showing the time lapse and a short clip of the finished product with him starting it up at the end.
bigdhusker

Post by bigdhusker »

Can't wait to see the video!
m1886

Post by m1886 »

bigdhusker wrote: 04:30 pm Jul 01 2020 Can't wait to see the video!
Finally got the video done! I hope you guys get a kick out of this.

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hey, very neat. Congratulations on how it all turned out.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bigdhusker

Post by bigdhusker »

Great job!
BlkDakDave

Post by BlkDakDave »

The bike looks great. Your son will be the envy of the neighorhood. Enjoyed the video.
NEVER FORGET!
tucker
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tucker »

Awesome man, that vid is really cool