Newbie as they come!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
rybo

Newbie as they come!

Post by rybo »

Hey there! I'm excited to be here, but as green as my bike... :mrgreen:

Got two 2000 kdx220's for my 18yr son and I to learn together. Figured same parts, same learning curve. Picked them up 2 years ago, just finally making a real effort to make time. He's passed me up in seat-time, y'know with all that boring stuff like full-time job, homeschooling 4 kids, etc. getting in the way... So this is the year. Going to make myself put some miles on, and learn this bike inside and out. Main goals are single track, scenery rides, maybe a few overnights. WABDR is a definite bucket item. I'm in SW WA, live in the Columbia River Valley.

Never owned a bike before this, and never worked on 2-stroke either. So I mean it that I'm as green as they come. Currently learning how to tune both of our PWKs from scratch (no baseline to start with, screws were bottomed out.) 7/17/19
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: Newbie as they come!

Post by kdxsully »

Get yourself a manual if you haven’t already, and read up on grenading OEM pistons. They tend to break.
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider!

Congratulations on the KDXs. Do get a manual, and read up on the stock KDX220R pistons.

Have fun!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the group, congrats on the bikes. Some great riding down in that neck of the woods, the Ginford Pinchot on our side of the river and the Willamette on the other. The Northwest Motorcycle Association (NMA Offroad) hosts a great Poker run series that can expose you to all the different riding in our state. Have fun!
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Molly's 70 »

Welcome from 2003 KDX 220 owner. :bravo:
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.