New guy intro

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Kawasakirooster

New guy intro

Post by Kawasakirooster »

Hi all, new guy here,been riding for quite few years,just picked a 2000 kdx 220 super clean looks like low hours all stock exhaust,I have become infatuated with this bike
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New guy intro

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. Congratulations on the infatuation!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

:busted: Change the piston
I like turtles
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TwistedRoot »

Congrats on the "new" bike. It still amazes me how many mint condition KDX's are out there. I saw 6 in the Northeast this week alone. Of course everyone is asking $3000+++!!!!

Totally agree with kdxsully. You can get a complete piston kit CHEAP on ebay. Buy a Wiseco or similar. Don't wait for it to grenade!!! The bike may look new and in awesome condition, but you need to pull the head to see whats up inside. Its super easy to do. Good luck.
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
Kawasakirooster

Thanks guys,I will be checking the piston, supposedly has about 20 hours on fresh top end,from what I
have seen of the piston looks pretty new,...20 probably means 80
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Understand they aren't telling you to replace the piston due to time or wear. Stock 220 pistons have a reputation for being unreliable. For some reason they can come apart whether they have 2 hours or 200 hours on them. Better to swap it out for a Wiseco or similar than to have to tear down and rebuild the entire engine.
Kawasakirooster

Oh ok,good info there that I was not aware of,thanks
Rider47

Post by Rider47 »

Welcome and Congratulations on the mint kdx. I recently bought one of those garage finds myself. Definitely make sure the piston has been changed and look in to the RB head and carb mods. They will make the bike so much more user friendly.
2002 KDX220R
Kawasakirooster

Thanks, I will check into those mods,also have a set of marzocchi shivers forks that are probably going to find their way on,front end is a bit mushy for me
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by treelimb »

Kawasakirooster wrote: 09:24 pm Jul 05 2019 Hi all, new guy here,been riding for quite few years,just picked a 2000 kdx 220 super clean looks like low hours all stock exhaust,I have become infatuated with this bike
Infatuation. Infatuation. isn't that an old Rod Stewart song? I think it is and I know it applies to getting that KDX set up which is when the real infatuation will set in as that song rolls through your head as the trees fly by and the roots and rocks get soaked up just up to the point that you hit the ground (after clipping a tree perhaps but no worries as your hand guards and bike body armor along with rider armor did their job) and you are picking the KDX back up to throw your leg over as the song starts back-- perpetual infatuation comes to my mind but I am a normal thinking individual that is well rooted in common sense and applied logic.

So with that having been declared,welcome to KDXRIDER.NET and right on man,ride on.
lucy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by lucy »

Ur jus’ (not jussie) not rite in da’ hed.
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by treelimb »

lucy wrote: 07:47 am Jul 13 2019 Ur jus’ (not jussie) not rite in da’ hed.
Empathy. I too empathize as I recognize. It is a KDXRIDER.NET thing.
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by treelimb »

lucy wrote: 07:47 am Jul 13 2019 Ur jus’ (not jussie) not rite in da’ hed.
Ya know,I just had to come back and give you a "touche" regarding the (not jussie).It was very humorous. Hung in my head most of the day, but then our well known entity operates at warp speed and I'm just warped. We need more emojis or whatever they are on here so I would have been able to give you a thumbs up.

Actually we need something that depicts WOT as most of our emojis are not unlike low energy jeb bush.