new member from Portland, OR

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Suzy America

new member from Portland, OR

Post by Suzy America »

Hey all :)

Just picked up a KDX220R last month to use as a shop project and woods brap toy. It's been somewhat neglected. Nothing seriously wrong with it, but lots of little things that need attention.

Finally got it out for a ride last week and loved it! Anyway it is back in the garage again and in pieces. The head is at RB Designs. Waiting on a Lectron 36HV carb and a few other goodies.

Here's a little video from last week's ride. That was my first time on a 2-stroke bike. I love the way you can be ticking along at walking speed then find out later that you're in 4th gear and can still roll on the power as needed.

99 KDX220R w/RB Designs head, Lectron 36HV carb, FMF Fatty + ?Turbincore
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: new member from Portland, OR

Post by KDXGarage »

LOTS O TREES!

Welcome to kdxrider!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Looks like a great place to ride. Welcome!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the bike. The RB mods will really help wake the motor up even more.
Suzy America

Post by Suzy America »

Thanks guys for the nice welcome. Hope to get the bike out Friday so I can see what the RB head is like.
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by treelimb »

Welcome. I feel like a new member even though my profile declares otherwise. anyway, keep us updated please as I too am transforming my KDX and interested in further modding.
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Welcome. Great looking trails! Someday I make it to the famous Tillamook.
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
Suzy America

Post by Suzy America »

VTMTcowboy, PM me if you're ever out this way. I'd be happy to arrange a ride at Tillamook. The coastal range has got some truly nutty mountain-goat-territory riding. That being said, I have found it better riding practice to go to the place shown in the video above. The trails there are the chaotic irregular homemade kind (the opposite of the groomed, uniform, designed trails at Tillamook) so riding there improves your skills faster.

Treelimb, thanks! I think of the KDX as an ongoing project .. it will probably take me a whole year to make it absolutely perfect. If you haven't done it yet, get that RB Designs mod done to the head. Ron is going to retire at some point, and when he does, that modified head will no longer be available.
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Suzy America wrote: 10:44 am Apr 10 2019 VTMTcowboy, PM me if you're ever out this way. I'd be happy to arrange a ride at Tillamook. The coastal range has got some truly nutty mountain-goat-territory riding. That being said, I have found it better riding practice to go to the place shown in the video above. The trails there are the chaotic irregular homemade kind (the opposite of the groomed, uniform, designed trails at Tillamook) so riding there improves your skills faster.

Treelimb, thanks! I think of the KDX as an ongoing project .. it will probably take me a whole year to make it absolutely perfect. If you haven't done it yet, get that RB Designs mod done to the head. Ron is going to retire at some point, and when he does, that modified head will no longer be available.
Yeah for sure! I always reminds of Endor from Star Wars - Return of the Jedi where the Ewoks live haha.
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200