Colorado 220 Owner

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
BlkDakDave

Re: Colorado 220 Owner

Post by BlkDakDave »

Definitely good information from GATOROC & KDXSULLY --- going to bookmark that!

Thanks
NEVER FORGET!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The trick with rewinding is to keep good tension on the spool of wire, that helps to keep everything tight. I've done a couple now and they all work great and weren't too much hassle.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

bufftester wrote: 02:46 pm Aug 10 2019 The trick with rewinding is to keep good tension on the spool of wire, that helps to keep everything tight. I've done a couple now and they all work great and weren't too much hassle.
How do you mount up the spools? Any tips? It was my first time, and I only got it done as well as a chimp could.
I like turtles
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

I cobbled up a mount using a a screwdriver and two pieces of wood and a vise. basically clamped the spool in the vise between two pieces of wood with enough tension to make it hard to pull wire off the spool. There a bunch of DIY ways if you search youtube that might be easier, but it worked for me. I bought a 1 pound spool of magnet wire and only used about a quarter of it per stator, I think I still have like a half roll somewhere in the shop lol
GATOROC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GATOROC »

Thanks for the info guys! I will try to do it myself first and then if that doesn't work, look at the Ricky Stator 85w coil.
2000 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200

2024 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

bufftester wrote: 05:11 pm Aug 10 2019 I cobbled up a mount using a a screwdriver and two pieces of wood and a vise. basically clamped the spool in the vise between two pieces of wood with enough tension to make it hard to pull wire off the spool. There a bunch of DIY ways if you search youtube that might be easier, but it worked for me. I bought a 1 pound spool of magnet wire and only used about a quarter of it per stator, I think I still have like a half roll somewhere in the shop lol
I saw a video of a guy mounting his stator up on his drill and doing it that way. I bought 100ft for about 11 bucks; only used 2/3 of it.
I like turtles