New Member Intro

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Flackets

New Member Intro

Post by Flackets »

Hi All.

I recently picked up an 86' KDX200, with a view to doing some enduro's on it, plus a bit of general Nostalgia.

I use to have an 82' KDX175 back in the day which I loved, so this new one should be a lot nice to ride. It goes well engine wise, however the suspension is terrible. The real shock has leaked out all the oil and is like a pogo stick, and the front needs a service and some heavier springs.

The front brakes are very spongy, so some new fluid and a bleed is in order. I am comparing them unfairly to me newish Husky TE250, however I am sure they could be better.

Would be super keen to hear what works best suspension wise for this model. I weigh about 90kg, so this bike is currently very undersprung.

Thanks all.
Sam
Glenn

Re: New Member Intro

Post by Glenn »

Hi everyone my name is Glenn and just picked up a nice used 220 . Has some nice mods including rb carb and head,fmf pipe and upside down klx 300 forks. I ride tight single track in az and it seems like a great bike for the task at hand and my 50 yr old body. Have ridden off road for most of life and plan to keep doing it. Cheers
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Flackets, welcome to kdxrider. Congratulations on the '86.

Get the shock rebuilt. No oil is no good. Check the body inside for wear and damage.

Stiffer springs would help, front and rear.

Glenn, welcome.

It sounds like you have a nice KDX!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome both.