Intro

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Marcus1115

Intro

Post by Marcus1115 »

Hello,

My first dirt Bike was a 1985 YZ80. My best friend and I both had one. We rode the wheels off those things. Ride it like you stole it accurately describes our riding style. Before you know it, you get into the working world, get married, start a family and dirt bikes are not very practical. For over 30 years, every time I see or heard a dirt Bike, especially a 2 stroke, my mouth would start watering. So, earlier this week, I saw a 1999 KDX for sale online, went to look at it and bought it. All without telling the wife. Came home with it in the back of my truck. She wasn’t too happy about it but got over it. So I’m happy, like a damn kid again. I find myself thinking about going riding while I’m at work. Midlife crisis I guess.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Intro

Post by Tyl3r »

Haha well welcome back to the dirtbike world and welcome to the forum :supz: be sure to read around for info. Did u get a 200 or 220?
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.

Tell her that you were on the way to get drugs, a convertible and a hooker, then saw the KDX. Ask if you should exchange it. :partyman:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome back to the sport, and congrats on the new bike!
Marcus1115

Post by Marcus1115 »

I got a 200. It has a new top end, all new new plastic, wheel bearings, swing arm bearing, radiators, FmF gnarly woods pipe, pro taper bars and new brake pads for $1400. Has a bit of black sponge and an oil leak that I need to track down. Other than that a clean bike and runs out pretty good. I think an excellent deal. Do you agree?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Sounds pretty good! About all used bikes, cars, bicycles will need a little bit of work to be in tip top shape. No big deal on that.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128