New to the Forum and Rebuilding an 88 KDX 200

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
TheGarBrah

New to the Forum and Rebuilding an 88 KDX 200

Post by TheGarBrah »

Hello All , my name is Andre and I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I purchased a 1988 KDX 200 from a guy in Ojai back in 2017 and the bike basically came in a box along with a rolling frame . The deal was too good to pass up and after many years I'm finally piecing it all back together.

One question I have as I'm assembling this thing (and I haven't seen anything here on the forum) is regarding the end caps on the rear suspension assembly for the tie rod . The parts book is calling it an 11012A-1418 and its basically a rubber and metal bushing. Was wondering if there are other parts that might be interchangable since I need 4 of them and I am having trouble finding OEM parts for a reasonable price . Any suggestions on which part of the forum might already have a similar thread or where to start ?

Thanks all and Nice to meet ya

-Andre
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New to the Forum and Rebuilding an 88 KDX 200

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. Thank you for signing up and participating. :bravo:

It looks like they don't make them anymore. With it being a 32 year old dirt bike, several parts are unavailable. unfortunately.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawas ... suspension

I saw four new ones on eBay. They are price gouging pretty bad on those. :evil:

I would look on eBay to find someone parting out one of the bikes it came off, then ask if they have the four parts for sale.

Good luck, and thanks again for joining.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

Welcome. Are they missing completely or do you need new rubber on them? You might wanna just try to make an o ring work if those eBay ones are out of your price range. Or find a used dogbone with them already installed. Maybe even just seal it with rtv if it comes down to it. That would be my last resort. Good luck with the build
I like turtles
TheGarBrah

Post by TheGarBrah »

I was thinking about trying to come up with some kind of alternative if I can't find the parts. I tried reaching out to some of the sellers on ebay who have the dog bone link , but I was surprised that many of them also do not have the part. Definitely might have to try and see if I can come up with something. Thanks again guys!

I do end up finding something that works I'll be posting a thread on it
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

Try off road innovations. I know they have those bushings, maybe they have the seals too.
I like turtles
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

It's basically a rubber bushing with a washer, 12mm ID, OD matches the opening in the link. May be able to find a rubber bushing somewhwere like McMaster Carr or similar that could be made to work
targetman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by targetman »

Off Road Inno has them.
PolarWhiteC

Post by PolarWhiteC »

I got an entire kit from All Balls, it comes with all of the seals. It does not say it fits the 88 kdx in the applicable vehicles list but I did some cross referencing and found them to be compatible. I have installed them in my 88 and everything fits properly. Here is the part number 27-1106. It was only 70 dollars for the whole kit, much cheaper than people are selling just the heim bearings for.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for the info!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128