new in box Hyde Racing skid plate

Parts, bikes, or other items up for sale
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

new in box Hyde Racing skid plate

Post by Chuck78 »

https://www.hyderacing.net/kawasaki-dir ... te/HP-SG-8

I've got a new Hyde Racing skid plate, still in package, for sale, if anyone is interested. I've been running another one of these for years, and found it to be virtually indestructible, and far superior to aluminum skid plates.

I preemptively bought this for my retired '99 220 rebuild project, and then found that after years of being out of stock, Hyde Racing finally made another batch of the Pipe Guard/Skid Plate combos, so I immediately bought one of those. They had 17 left in stock after I bought mine. I found the combo pipe guard skid plates also work reasonably well with the Pro Circuit Platinum 2 pipe as well as being designed to fit the FMF Gnarly Desert. The skid plate pipe guard combos do not fit the FMF Gnarly Woods pipe whatsoever.

What I did find is that this standard Hyde Racing skid plate fits significantly better with the Gnarly Woods pipe vs Gnarly Desert (Haven't trued Pro Circuit Platinum 2). So I'll be keeping the one that I've been running for years and abusing (to run with my Gnarly Woods pipe which makes a 220 almost as torquey as a 300 when jetted properly) which has proven to be almost indestructible, and slides over rocks and logs SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER than aluminum skid plates.

I haven't tried it with the Pro Circuit pipe, but it fits great with the Gnarly Desert pipe *once installed*, however installation is a hassle with the Gnarly Desert vs the front exhaust mount. Not so much with the Gnarly Woods.

One other word of caution on these is that the oil drain hole does not line up perfectly and it almost seems as if the rear mounting hole is where the oil drain hole should be. I decided it was well worth the benefits of the skid plate over all others on the market to have a hassle with the rear mounting hole location.
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: new in box Hyde Racing skid plate

Post by Chuck78 »

$91 new from HydeRacing.net + shipping, shoot me an offer and it can be yours... My wife ships out eBay packages frequently, so I can get it sent to you quickly.

EDIT - $89 OBO & you'll get it from me a lot faster than Hyde Racing ships out (they're usually pretty slow).
Last edited by Chuck78 on 09:30 pm Apr 15 2024, edited 1 time in total.
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup