KDX in NW Off-Road Championship Series

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KDX in NW Off-Road Championship Series

Post by doakley »

Excellent read! Congrats on your '21 results and looking forward to seeing you blow through those old guys in the Masters class in '22. You mentioned in a post you aren't in as good of physical condition as you thought (goes for all of us!). After getting your suspension set up correctly, physical fitness, especially in the "age" classes, is the second most important speed mod you can do! Cant race if you are exhausted and making mental and physical mistakes.

Old Guy Racin' (ret)
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

Hey Goat I was reading back through these and wondered if you ever got your jetting cleaned up? What altitudes are you running at? Have you thought of trying the #7 slide?
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Goat »

I have not cleaned it up. It runs great, awesome hole shots, and has never fouled a plug. So far it is never high on the project list. Still can’t figure out a good place to do plug chops. But maybe this year I’ll keep a better eye out at the races to see if any of them seem to have a good place to do it on off weekend. Normally I ride about 0-1500ft. And have not considered different slide, but will check into that.
I have considered taking it to test and tune at the drag strip. KDX lined up against Hyabusa would make pretty sweet photo op.
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250