The Stomp harescramble 10-15

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Once again.... behind on race reports here, so doing a couple, lol. This was from "The Stomp" back on the 15th.... race #15 for the green tractor and I so far this year (I think that's right). And this one I will say.... was awesome!! :supz: :grin: :bravo: This was an ex-GNCC track, that hasn't been ran on in about 6 years now and this was the first race back there since then. It had a prior reputation for being a really fun one, and it didn't disappoint! It was just over 9 mile laps, so a little longer than the usual, which was nice

Not a whole lot of pics, as everybody was hanging out by the creek jump..... which I purposely avoided and went around, lol.... I like keeping the tires close to the ground. And after seeing the pics from there afterwards..... I'm kinda glad I did :lol: :lol: :shock: :blink: We had gotten a little rain earlier in the week and then it had several days of beautiful weather to soak in and tack up..... the conditions were absolutely perfect! Nice and moist and tacky, with no dust and other than a few isolated areas, almost no mud! (though the areas where there was mud..... it was pretty muddy, lol.... but it didn't last long)

Putting along at the start..... everybody trying to pile into the woods at once

One of my favorite spots..... riding through the creek tunnel! :grin: There was also a little barn we rode through too, but nobody got pics from the amateur race from there. It was a cool spot too though. In past races they actually ran you right through an old house that was on the property.... literally, weaving around the house through the different rooms

The man.... the myth... the legend...... Kailub Russell came out to play too! Anybody that races or follows GNCC racing knows who this guy is (insaaannneee fast). His wifes grandparents own all this property where not only this race is held, but also Welborne Farms, where this same org has other harescrambles as well (there was just one at that location earlier in the year)

My buddy Tyler giving me a little shout out right after scoring, as I was finishing my 2nd lap and starting the 3rd. He raced in the afternoon race

We're both still in one piece afterwards, so that's always a good sign

Ended up finishing 13th out of 17.... not great, but not last either.... and no injuries this time, so that's always a good thing too!

One thing I have been trying to work on is just being consistent.... even though it may be consistently slow for the time being, I'm trying to just keep moving at a steady pace and not get stuck or keep wrecking. Thought I did fairly well with that here.... while not blazing fast, all were within a minute of each other, with the 2nd and 3rd lap being 2 seconds apart

Oh and remember how I said I was glad I skipped the creek jump?? Yeeeaaaaa...... that's my buddy Tyler's friend. It was his first woods race.... completely drowned the bike. He wasn't the only one either

Video is a little longer, as it was a longer course..... About 9 miles and change. This is the 2nd lap, as I completely forgot to start my camera beforehand so I missed the start. And again, nothing crazy to see here.... I'm still not fast, lol. But trying to just stay consistent. I stayed behind a few people for way longer than I probably should have, though eventually got around when they got stuck. Just haven't quite gotten the confidence to go blasting by somebody just yet. Couple times towards the end I let a couple faster riders by and my bike stalled..... It had warmed up since the morning a good bit and the idle dropped too low (one thing I've noticed about this Lectron carb is its super sensitive to temp fluctuations and idle speed). Turned it up after the 2nd time and all was well again. The barn is at 18:00 and the creek and tunnel is at 25:30

[youtube][/youtube]
tmmyghst

Post by tmmyghst »

Very cool.
Looks like you can clean up your jetting a bit and gain a more crisp response.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: The Stomp harescramble 10-15

Post by KDXGarage »

Cool! Congratulations.

I remember seeing them go through the house years ago. It was on TV.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

tmmyghst wrote:Very cool.
Looks like you can clean up your jetting a bit and gain a more crisp response.
Thanks!

My jetting is actually about spot on..... it's super crisp. My camera just likes to add a lot of noise so it sounds weird on video for some reason. I run a Lectron carb, so there's actually no jetting, per se (no jets).... just a metering rod and then the adjustable power jet for dumping fuel up top. It does sound different with the Lectron too.... they even tell you not to tune it by sound because it sounds different than with the stock carb. That's what I like about this carb is that it's designed to run a little leaner, so you can run it nice and clean down low, and then dump the fuel up top where you need it. At low/closed throttle positions, it doesn't load up like the stock carb would, so it doesn't do the little stutter/clearing out thing when you get back on the throttle. You can whack the throttle from closed, even at low RPM, and it's instant response.... and often breaks the tire loose soon as you hit it. Like I said though my camera likes to add weird noises.... it sounds like it's loading up but it's actually not
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Jason wrote:Cool! Congratulations.

I remember seeing them go through the house years ago. It was on TV.
Yea that was like the signature thing of this place I think, hahah. And Buren, the guy that runs Mideast Harescramble..... that's his thing too. If there's a house on the property and he's able to run you through it, he's gonna run you through it. Same goes for creek jumps and hill climbs (but he always puts a way around too, or at least an easier way)

There's still a few videos floating around from some of the old GNCC races there, going through the house

[youtube][/youtube]
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Man that looks like a sweet race! I always think its cool to ride through different things or places that you know you shouldn't be. Congrats on the finish!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Tyl3r wrote:Man that looks like a sweet race! I always think its cool to ride through different things or places that you know you shouldn't be. Congrats on the finish!
Thanks.... And yea it def was a fun one! I too Like going through odd and unusual obstacles, that you don't find in every race. Got another one that's supposed to be a lot of fun (as long as its not muddy), coming up this weekend in Denver, NC. Come on down and join us! :grin:
kdxron

Post by kdxron »

Awesome race. :bravo: .. I'm panning on running my KDX/RMZ Hybrid next year in local enduros and scrambles. Cheers from California.