Racing The E-Series

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
KDXFZRRD
Supporting Member

Racing The E-Series

Post by KDXFZRRD »

I recently started racing my E-series in hare scrambles with the Virginia Championship Hare scrambles series. I usually road race with WERA, but thought I would try something different for 2016. You can read the full story on my blog: http://www.speedofarrival.com/

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Racing The E-Series

Post by KDXGarage »

Cool pics.

I read some of a few of your stories. It sounds like you spent a lot of money road racing. Try to enjoy NOT spending a ton to race the KDX. :cool:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
olsonanthony16

Post by olsonanthony16 »

Don't be worried about having an older bike. At least in my experience alot of people like to look at my bike and remember the good times they have had on one, or they just think it's cool to be riding a bike like that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
KDXFZRRD
Supporting Member

Post by KDXFZRRD »

Jason wrote:Cool pics.

I read some of a few of your stories. It sounds like you spent a lot of money road racing. Try to enjoy NOT spending a ton to race the KDX. :cool:
I spent too much road racing! And that was racing smaller bikes that didn't eat up tires too badly. I almost fell over last weekend when I asked the woman how much to sign up and she said "$35". For an hour and half race? Only $35 dollars? I would have signed up twice if I could have!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I hear you. Three weekends ago at the MX race, I heard a guy on the gate talking about road racing and spending $1,500 in a weekend. It snapped my neck back to hear that! I don't spend nearly that much and have a lot of fun racing MX.

After 25 MX races, my rear tire looks "a bit worn" and I should "go ahead and replace it". :lol: :mrgreen: :grin:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racing The E-Series

Post by doakley »

Jason, fantastic writing, man! My KDX isn't quite as old as yours, only 17 yrs, but I make up for that by being nearly 64 myself. Just got back into hare scramble racing myself. Your blog mirrors my experience almost exactly, except I don't finish as well as you! Keep it up, guy. I was laughing my ass off, at mysellf, reading your stuff. Hell you make me want to come up from NC and ride a couple of the VA races!
KDXFZRRD
Supporting Member

Racing The E-Series

Post by KDXFZRRD »

doakley wrote:Jason, fantastic writing, man! My KDX isn't quite as old as yours, only 17 yrs, but I make up for that by being nearly 64 myself. Just got back into hare scramble racing myself. Your blog mirrors my experience almost exactly, except I don't finish as well as you! Keep it up, guy. I was laughing my ass off, at mysellf, reading your stuff. Hell you make me want to come up from NC and ride a couple of the VA races!
Actually, I'm Kris, it's my blog. THanks for reading! I have tremendous amount of respect for anybody that can do a 2 or 3 hour hare scramble. I do a lot of training in the gym and about 8 hours of riding every week and it still kicks my ass. Come on up to VA and run with the VCHSS!

Kris Larrivee
WERA exp. #374
VCHSS #74p
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Oops! My bad. Sorry, Kris
KDXFZRRD
Supporting Member

Racing The E-Series

Post by KDXFZRRD »

Here we go again! The story starts here: http://www.speedofarrival.com/2016/04/r ... llwyn.html