How/where to register for a harescramble in Nth Ala/Sth TN

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
Jnelson
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

How/where to register for a harescramble in Nth Ala/Sth TN

Post by Jnelson »

I'm just now getting back into riding and would love to enter a "easyish" hair scramble, but I am having trouble finding info on how to register and where the local ones are. I live in North Alabama and am not opposed to driving south as far as Birmingham, or North as far as Nashville. Also what class should I enter in? I am 36 years old and not a total newbie; have ridden dirt bikes and four wheelers (primarily trail riding) my whole life. However I have no motocross experience nor have I ever raced. My bike is a 2006 kdx200. I have looked at SECCAracing website but it looks like the registration for this season with them has ended. I am not looking to do a whole season just one to get my feet wet. Thanks in advance for any info.
2006 kdx200
2005 CRF50 (Son's)
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: How/where to register for a harescramble in Nth Ala/Sth

Post by G22inSC »

My boys race the Mideast Harescarmble series in South / North Carolina. You should check it out. Show up on race day, register and go for a brisk two hour trail ride.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
Nick McCardle

Post by Nick McCardle »

http://www.sorcs.net/

I'm going to try to hit at least a couple of these this year.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

used to be SETRA and SERA. I have heard good thgins about SORCS, too.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: How/where to register for a harescramble in

Post by ohgood »

Jnelson wrote:I'm just now getting back into riding and would love to enter a "easyish" hair scramble, but I am having trouble finding info on how to register and where the local ones are. I live in North Alabama and am not opposed to driving south as far as Birmingham, or North as far as Nashville. Also what class should I enter in? I am 36 years old and not a total newbie; have ridden dirt bikes and four wheelers (primarily trail riding) my whole life. However I have no motocross experience nor have I ever raced. My bike is a 2006 kdx200. I have looked at SECCAracing website but it looks like the registration for this season with them has ended. I am not looking to do a whole season just one to get my feet wet. Thanks in advance for any info.

you can register at the events.

look at NATRA , they have awesome single track, and a race coming up soon too. completely worth the drove up. plan to camp and you'll have a lot more fun.
Jnelson
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Jnelson »

Nick McCardle wrote:http://www.sorcs.net/

I may try the Tracy City one and the South Pittsburgh one. Neither of those is too far from me.
Can I just show up a few hours early for this and still get in or is there some sort of pre-registration?

ohgood wrote:

look at NATRA , they have awesome single track, and a race coming up soon too. completely worth the drove up. plan to camp and you'll have a lot more fun.
Where is the race being held that is coming up soon? I am looking into joining NATRA, if nothing else just to be able to ride at westpoint. Are all of the NATRA races held at Westpoint?
2006 kdx200
2005 CRF50 (Son's)
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

Jnelson wrote:

I may try the Tracy City one and the South Pittsburgh one. Neither of those is too far from me.
Can I just show up a few hours early for this and still get in or is there some sort of pre-registration?

ohgood wrote:

Where is the race being held that is coming up soon? I am looking into joining NATRA, if nothing else just to be able to ride at westpoint. Are all of the NATRA races held at Westpoint?
I'm sorry, NATRA is the group that lives in/around WestPoint, Tennessee. They are not a racing body, but do a LOT of riding at West Point. They're very active, have great trails, and a whole bunch of places to camp. If you're near there, it would be great place to go play on the weekends. We've made three trips there from Birmingham, AL and loved every minute of it.

:)
KDX Hellion

Post by KDX Hellion »

West Point is a GREAT place to ride!
I live about 15minutes away. I try to ride every chance I get but with 2 kids and a wife it gets a little difficult to get away. Lol.
Nick McCardle

Post by Nick McCardle »

Jnelson wrote:

ohgood wrote:

You just show up the day of to register for the SORCS races. Just keep an eye on the site as the ones you want to go to approach and more info gets posted.