Idaho City 100 on a KDX!!!!

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
RyanKeyte

Post by RyanKeyte »

I raced the Idaho City 100 last saturday on my 96 KDX200 (Mostly to prove I could on an OLD, SMALL antique of a bike). For those unfamiliar with this event, it is held annually in Idaho City, Idaho. It is usually an IDSE qualifying event. This year the course was 131 miles. I rode in the Vet B class, there were 16 in this class and I took 3rd. Of those 16, only 3 of us finished. The entire race took me 8 hours and 13 minutes to complete and the Faithful 18 year old KDX didn't miss a beat; I could not have been happier with it... :partyman:
My helmet is making it hard for me to hear natural selection screaming my name!!
KDXrider1989

Re: Idaho City 100 on a KDX!!!!

Post by KDXrider1989 »

nice! :supz: any pics / vids?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Hell yeah! :supz: I keep trying to tell people that the KDX is still a very capable race machine. They really excel in races that are brutal on bikes as the KDX will take anything thrown at it and keep on going!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
RyanKeyte

Post by RyanKeyte »

Yep. I raced the same race on a 2009 YZ450F in 2010; I SWORE to all holy moto-gods that i would never do that again!!! The nimble little Kawi was perfect....... Sorry- no pics or vids on this one..
My helmet is making it hard for me to hear natural selection screaming my name!!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

WOW!!! Great to hear it. Congratulations to you and your KDX! :supz:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

Good job!

I raced a "100 mile" race this weekend, but the pros were the only ones that ran 100 miles. As soon as they made it, the checkered flag came out.

I ran the KDX for a kickstand, and for the controllable power to make the long race easier. The KDX worked really well, and I was faster and more confident on it. There was one hill where I needed a little more power , so I danced up in first gear. It was all good until 40 miles in when I fell over in some braking bumps on a steep downhill and tweaked my shoulder. Not really the bike's fault, I was tired and thinking about pulling off when I finished the lap. They cut that section out after I fell. The bike fired right back up.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250