kdx 250 1994 few questions

Discussion specific to the 1991 - 1994 KDX250 sold in the USA
mikeybikey

kdx 250 1994 few questions

Post by mikeybikey »

I have a 93 kdx250 which I recently bought to restore. Its all looks fairly original and looks like the 6000 miles showing is correct , downside is it's been left outside for a long time so plenty of work to do.

Can anyone answer the following queries .................

Was the original swing arm bare aluminium or was it painted ?

The bike has not been started for 8 years but has great compression and after I de-rust the tank I want to try and start it. The autolube still has oil in it and the oil feed line is full, so before I start it is there anyway to make 100% sure the autolube is working and feeding the engine ?

Same with the engine coolant, its showing half way in the rear reservoir and you can see it in the rad, should I go ahead and start it or any suggestions of checks etc to see if it working ?

I am not going to respray the frame, but there are rusty scuffs around footpeg area of frame and I want to fit some new green frame protectors. I have seen them for the kdx200 but not kdx250, anyone got any ideas ?

Lastly , any tips for getting the swing arm out ?

Thanks Mike
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: kdx 250 1994 few questions

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net.

Good luck on the KDX250. Maybe some European members will chime in with tips on it as we did not get the street legal version in the USA.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
kdxdazz

Re: kdx 250 1994 few questions

Post by kdxdazz »

parts fiche says painted, paint code silver no.25
1999 KDX220SR (KDX220-B5)