Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
JoKDX220r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kawasaki Ninja 600 1999 ( ZX6E ZZR600)

Post by JoKDX220r »

Hi,
Last year was my first year on the road (did only 2.5h on the KDX),
the road bike I always wanted was a Ninja.. Budget and plate/insurance made me decide to go with a ZX6E (ZZR600 1999).
I love the ride, as a sport touring I'm able to ride it almost all day with no or almost no discomfort from the seat or riding position. The feeling and sound ( vance and hines 4-1 and pipe) are amazing.
I'm the kind of guy who read a lot about the thing I'm about to buy, just like before I buy my KDX I had a check list about maintenance and care of the bike..

BUT, Even if the seller told me "NO" or "I don't know" at almost EVERY maintenance questions I asked him.. He just played a bit with the throttle and my brain just shut down and I did buy it .. :oops: :shock:

First thing I noticed at home was the noise coming from the crank/valves ( I had no experience on this kind of 4T engine ), and as I rev it around 8k RPM there was a weird bug as RPM went down fast then up again..
Valves shimmed back to specs and carbs synchronisation fixed those noise/problem.

I also did a lot of "little maintenances" like lube/adjust cables, oil change.. Then I was ready for my season. I did almost 5k Miles of twisties and learned a lot..

Now I'm getting ready for this season and wonder if anybody here have or had this model of bike. I'm currently doing brakes/tires/linkage.. Aftermarket parts are getting hard to find for this bike.

I know there was a ZX6E forum before but it shutdown around 2014/2015.

It made me realise how important our contribution($) are to keep this forum online..
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 600 1999 ( ZX6E ZZR600)

Post by KDXGarage »

I have nothing to add besides congratulations on having a Ninja!

Thanks for mentioning keeping the forum alive. I don't have a KLX, but wish KLX planet was still around.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128