Rear tire locks up

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
Thadius

Rear tire locks up

Post by Thadius »

2000 kx125 set up for a while put a new top end and installed a new crank put bike back together, rode bike shifts great no problems but one you cut bike off and start to push it into shop the rear wheel locks up it is in neutral made sure of that, you can roll the bike backwards no problem and tire will spin freely on the stand it has got me scratching my head.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Rear tire locks up

Post by bufftester »

On a stand in neutral the rear tire spins freely in both directions? With no resistance or odd noises? But take it off the stand and it doesn't? Your chain is properly adjusted? From the description it doesn't sound plausible, maybe a video would help visualize.
Thadius

Re: Rear tire locks up

Post by Thadius »

Yes chain is adjusted properly and no noises on stand and spins freely but one you hit the ground and try to push it it will have a fint clicking noise the just lock up like you put it in frst gear but you can push it backwards and it's still free
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Rear tire locks up

Post by SS109 »

Only thing I can think off means opening it back up. I would first pull the right side cover and have someone roll it forward while you look to see if something is jamming it up. I would pay close attention to the kickstart gear. If you can't find anything in there causing the problem then it's probably inside the cases.

Would love to see a video of the problem.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R