Value of RMX

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Value of RMX

Post by Dekon »

Someone near me has a 1990 RMX for sale. It is a basket case right now, the frame is newly powder coated and the bike needs to be reassembled. He thinks all the parts are there. He is selling because he lost interest in it. He is asking $500. There is no way I will pay that for a bike that is all apart and owner thinking all the parts are there. It's always the small missing items that raise the cost of the build and if you can them. What would you offer?
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: Value of RMX

Post by KDXohio »

I usually aim for 250 or less depending on the bike when im buying someone elses project like that. The only way I'd consider $500 is if the person had every single nut and bolt bagged and labeled and a bunch of new parts that went with it every time I buy a two stroke project I always assume it needs the top end done plus whatever you find missing
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Value of RMX

Post by Slick_Nick »

****, $500 would be a hell of a deal where I'm from whether it's in pieces or not.
'00 KDX 220R
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by C George »

It's a 1990 ! A couple hundred bucks
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

$250 is about as high as I would go. If he can't be bothered to put the thing back together to sell it, then what's he expect?
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Value of RMX

Post by Dekon »

Yeah $250 is where I was thinking too, just wanted to see what others thought. I didn't want to look like an A-hole making an offer like that. If every nut and bolt is bagged maybe I'd go to $300.