2014 HUSQVARNA TXC310r issue

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
wolfracing38

Post by wolfracing38 »

Hi,

I just recently bought a 2014 husqvarna txc310r from a pro enduro racer I know. When i got it it ran great and had around 30 hours on it, but after about 2 hours it sheared a flywheel key. I replaced the key and tighted the flywheel to spec and removed the aftermarket ECU because i thought it may be advancing the timing. Then it sheared another..and another....and another...and another . I tried removing the starter motor, using red loctite, over tightening the nut, but nothing has worked. I have no idea whats going on, if any of you guys have any ideas id really really appreciate it. Thanks!
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by canamfan »

Go to thumpertalk and look up your bike specific forum. You should be able to search and find what you need to know.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 2014 HUSQVARNA TXC310r issue

Post by bufftester »

Have a buddy who had a 2012 310 and had similar issues, dealer ended up putting in some upgraded starter gears and all was fine. From what I remember that thing had like a 13:1 compression ratio which made kick starting it a fun adventure. There is a special tool fro holding the flywheel while torquing to keep from damaging the key, I think ZipTye made them.
wolfracing38

Post by wolfracing38 »

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Used prussian blue and found that the flywheel had not been properly seating to the taper. Then we used lapping compound to make the flywheel and taper fit together perfectly.
wolfracing38

Post by wolfracing38 »

canamfan wrote:Go to thumpertalk and look up your bike specific forum. You should be able to search and find what you need to know.
Already did, unfortunately there was 1 forum about it and he had not figured out the problem.