Would you trade for this?

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

So kinda got snookered here. Had a 79 Yamaha 750 special in barn thing hadn't ran since 2002. Don't like riding on the road anymore. Hate cops and assholes with blinders and horseshit (I live in amish land). So traded it for a quad I thought my sister would like. We talked about doing a riding trip and she got busy with work and bought a new house so I have a quad that I don't have a use for now. Thing is its auto and 2wd. I fixed it up at cost of parts and my time. Put it up on cl and really didn't get too much in offers. Guy calls me up and ask if I want to trade for this.

would you buy this for 320 dollars?

Guy who owned it crashed it multiple times. His first bike. He did a lot of work on it then after each crash just rigged it to keep going. So it needs tlc here and there. Front forks are damaged and needs both rims and tires. After his last crash it landed him in the hospital and the bike has sat for a little over a year. Motor is totally rebuilt and air filter was dirty tank was dry and once filled started second kick. Runs fantastic. Tires are shot and so is rim in front and rear seen better days but holds air. Oil was almost new but old so changed it and coolant looks still new and the liquid ice apparently from color.

Kdx is ready to roll and will be going out here the next day or so. The yz knows its place it gets the bucket :lol: But I am stoked about it and not sure if I want to keep it yet or if I want to trade it for something else.

Any previous yz owners on here or current with input would be greatly appreciated. Good deal or no?
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Would you trade for this?

Post by s10gto »

Looks like a 97-98 250 by the cylinder head. I got a 98 250. With v force reeds and a FMF torque pipe it rips in the woods. I love my KDX but the YZ has tons more power. KDX's are titled @37hp. YZ is 50.5. The 97-98 motors were lower compression then 99 and up. With the lower comp stalling at low RPM is not really a issue. I never felt I needed a flywheel weight.

get it. Its fun for a little change here and there. :grin:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I would definitely jump on that. Very fun bikes! Unloaded a 98 250 from my shed a couple months ago. Fun bike, but too many toys and not enough time.
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

Holy kripes! :shock:

Ok let me explain here. I don't retract my words. Im sorry but its my own revelations on my accounts with the law that has led me to this belief. If your a police officer I am sorry. Your probably one of the good ones......you own a kdx so that inspires hope. I don't hate all but most give a good fight.

Now back to bike

YEA HOLY **** MAN!!!!!!!! :shock: Rode my friends 01 and WOW! Fk sakes I seen life flashing in third. Fourth I thought of a new living will. Didn't hit 5th gripped with terms and slowed down to toss bike to side and kiss ground.

.........why the hell install a front wheel seems pointless :hmm: Tons more power is an understatement. I don't even know how to compare it really shocked the **** outta me used to the older air cooled. Shits changed rofl. Even if its a smoker. Freakin pipe is in the way of oil fil I hate that.

Traded and in the new stable. Stoked about getting mine goin now.

Sorry Julien for the hubbub bub :sad:
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

No worries, I know where you're coming from.
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Hahaha, that's how I felt when I test rode a CR250 with an FMF pipe. Settled on the KDX as it was cheaper and I figured there'd be a smaller chance of killing myself.
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by G22inSC »

ICRage42...thanks for the clarification. I will be the first to tell you there are bad apples in every profession. LE is just the one the media loves to hate in our social media age. Headlines sells papers and bring ratings. On the other hand, we are not all bad. Everyone should be dealt with and given dignity and respect and if they're not, then the officer is not a true professional. Those are the ones that give all others the bad rap.

The YZ, I would pick it up in a heartbeat for that price. Nice project to play with and if you decide it's not what you want, part it out and probably recoup your money. I think you'll like it in the open stuff. Just make you sure you have throttle control down and don't ask me how I know. I had been off bikes for 25 years and got back on a 97 KX250 several years ago. Lets just say I dumped the clutch and almost ended up in the neighbors yard. Luckily no one had a camera going.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by gsa102 »

The blue Kool-aid is very sweet...

I am a little biased, because my other bike is a YZ, which is my third one. They are quick and have a decent low end and good forks. The engine should last a very long time. Wheels and other parts should be easy to find on Fleabay, and pretty reasonable. If you are still riding your woods trails, try one tooth smaller on the front sprocket. I do that and ride second and third gear with less clutch work and stalling.

I like the retro white, if you could find a clear or black tank. I thought about doing mine in white with yellow decals to look like the old yellow bikes.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250