2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by zomby woof »

So I don't clutter up Fletch's FS thread anymore...
Julien D wrote:
zomby woof wrote:My 05 might go up for sale soon. Going this week to look at a Husqvarna CR 150 set up for woods.
Let us know what you think of that!
I thought quite a bit of it. Enough so that I bought it :partyman:

I haven't ridden it much, but it's replacing the KDX, so my default was to compare it to the 220. It's a lot taller and better handling than the KDX, with much more aggressive power (maybe like the 200?). For a 150, I was surprised at how strong the power is on the bottom.

You know how they look, and you know they have some high end components, but until you spend some time with one, then go back to your other bikes, you can't appreciate just what a thing of beauty these bikes are. I don't know what it is, but nobody builds stuff like the Italians. Can't wait for the rain to stop so I can go riding.
Ontario, Canada
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by Dekon »

That is a sweet looking bike. To nice to get dirt and mud on. :grin: Good luck with it.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by fuzzy »

Cool, I didn't know they made a 150 (stroker 125).....maybe just not for sale in the US. Does it come in a WR?
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by zomby woof »

In 2011 it was sold in some places as a 150. Now, instead of building 2 different bikes (because some race rules don't allow a 150), everybody gets the 125, and a 144 piston, barrel and power valve set up with it. I believe the WR is the same, but here in Canada, everybody buys the CR for the woods.
Ontario, Canada
cornishwrecker220

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

over here in the UK the husky sells as a wr150 & in road legal trim , it`s actually a 125 but is supplied from the factory with a 150cc (144) jug ..the jetting on these bikes are really sweet & crisp , a recent mag shootout placed them in 1st place beating the ktm 150xc & tm 144! parts are a little difficult to obtain on time due to poor dealer backup from husky factories but now they are owned by bmw things should improve.
Fletch

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by Fletch »

Way to go! :pop: waiting for the full ride report...
P.S I'll be doing a lot of reading as my ktm blew up on the weekend...
Fletch
89 kdx 200 with 99 rm125 forks
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

but here in Canada, everybody buys the CR for the woods.
Interesting.
Kroynon
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by Kroynon »

I've been considering one of these bikes for a little while now. I've heard that the WR has the same gearbox as the CR. True?
cornishwrecker220

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

the CR is `close ratio` for motocross were as the WR is `wide ratio` for road work/enduro. the WR uses the same g.box as the CR but the 6th gear on the WR is taller (for road work) also the WRs flywheel weight is a tad heavier than the CRs, this is for better traction & less snap off the throttle for woods riding...i like both bikes but the WR does come road legal with lights, horn,stand etc so you can ride to your trails & home again which is a bonus here in the UK, dont know how well they sell in the states but here they do very well & an alternative to going `orange` :grin:
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I can't find any gear ratio specs. I find it hard to believe the WR only has an overdrive 6th compared to the MX bike. The WR here has no road-going gear...have to go 4-joke for that.
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by dfeckel »

I'm pretty sure the WR and CR transmissions are identical. They are both close ratio boxes. My 2012 WR 165 ;) pulls 13-50 final gearing great. My 2008 CR 125 ran 13-52.

I love my '12. Great handling, great stock suspension when properly sprung. There is a really good thread on Cafe Husky about respringing the '09-newer 125s for proper race and static sags. The rear springs are much too soft from the factory, and you'll most likely need to increase the rate significantly. The fronts are close, but I softened them up one step. Most folks who have done this do not need to do any custom valving. I know I don't!

You're going to love that bike.
David Eckel
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by zomby woof »

I've heard so many different things about the CR/WR differences, I'm not really sure what the truth is.

I have seen the suspension threads on Husky cafe, and while I generally take those threads with a grain of salt, I paid particular attention to the suspension on this bike when I was looking at it. The original owner (who didn't even burn a full tank of gass in the bike) had the suspension revalved by Enduro engineering, and I believe the front springs were changed for "one set lighter" , which I am assuming is .40. The rear is stock rate. The sag set up at 100 mm with minimal adjustment, and the feel seems perfect for me. I'm only 150 lbs, and like my suspension REALLY soft to boot.

We had a beautiful day today, but I had to work, so I am planning to get it out to our clubs track tomorrow for a thorough thrashing . I bought the bike as a replacement for the KDX, but may end up using it for motocross, and woods. Our club started a new offroad series this year. 3 MX events, and 3 woods events. I won my class, so I decided to treat myself with a new bike :partyman:
Ride report to follow.
Ontario, Canada
Frysk

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by Frysk »

I don't know what it is, but nobody builds stuff like the Italian
Uhhm, Italians do make beautiful stuff, but it's no quality.. The Germans and Swedish make quality stuff :cool:

And let a Husqvarna be Swedish ;)
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by rbates9 »

Frysk wrote:
The Germans and Swedish make quality stuff :cool:
Just don't let them wire it.
Frysk

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by Frysk »

rbates9 wrote:
Frysk wrote:
The Germans and Swedish make quality stuff :cool:
Just don't let them wire it.
How do you mean?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by rbates9 »

Frysk wrote: How do you mean?

I work for a construction equipment dealer and some of the equipment is made by Leibherr. They use the worst wiring method I have seen.
1. They use almost ALL white wires in their harness, identified by a small number printed on the insulation. That small number is also printed with an ink that will wipe off if it has any type of solvent or oil on it.

2. They use far too many wires to do a simple job.

3. They will have relays in series with each other for no reason.

4. Instead of a fuse panel they will have the fuse panel made into a printed circuit board with under sized connections that tend to burn out causing you to have to replace a $2000 circuit board to get the backup alarm to work again.

5. They will use a number on the wire for an entire circuit. Not just the wire that goes from the switch to the relay but any path that the wire takes from any component to another will be the same wire number. So when you are trying to find a bad wire in a harness that has 40-50 wires in it there may be several that are the same number but going to and from different locations.

Just over all the electrical circuits of German and Swedish equipment is over complicated and un reliable. When it works it works fine, but when it doesn't it is at times very time consuming to find out why.
Frysk

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by Frysk »

rbates9 wrote:
Frysk wrote: How do you mean?

I work for a construction equipment dealer and some of the equipment is made by Leibherr. They use the worst wiring method I have seen.
1. They use almost ALL white wires in their harness, identified by a small number printed on the insulation. That small number is also printed with an ink that will wipe off if it has any type of solvent or oil on it.

2. They use far too many wires to do a simple job.

3. They will have relays in series with each other for no reason.

4. Instead of a fuse panel they will have the fuse panel made into a printed circuit board with under sized connections that tend to burn out causing you to have to replace a $2000 circuit board to get the backup alarm to work again.

5. They will use a number on the wire for an entire circuit. Not just the wire that goes from the switch to the relay but any path that the wire takes from any component to another will be the same wire number. So when you are trying to find a bad wire in a harness that has 40-50 wires in it there may be several that are the same number but going to and from different locations.

Just over all the electrical circuits of German and Swedish equipment is over complicated and un reliable. When it works it works fine, but when it doesn't it is at times very time consuming to find out why.
Can't see I don't agree with you, we also do have 2 Liebherr cranes and indeed the wiring is crap :roll:, the engines are on the other hand perfect, no problems ever.

But as far as cars or bikes go I don't think that for example a Alfa Romeo (Italian) could beat a Volvo (Swedish) in wiring, never had a electric problem with my Volvo and it has run over 234878 miles (378000km), But Alfa Romeo is just crap, the first errors occur just after 60000 miles..
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by zomby woof »

Say what you want about Euro equipment (I work on German hydraulic presses-I understand), the build quality of this bike makes my Japanese bikes look cheap.
Ontario, Canada
Frysk

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by Frysk »

zomby woof wrote:Say what you want about Euro equipment (I work on German hydraulic presses-I understand), the build quality of this bike makes my Japanese bikes look cheap.
I know, a friend of mine bought a Husqvarna WR250
and indeed, my KDX looks quite cheap compared to that thing
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

2011 Husqvarna CR 150

Post by rbates9 »

German machining and design is great, but I'm sticking with "don't let them wire it". The ZF transmissions and axles are some of the best out there.