Electrical Wiring Help...trying to make the lights shine!

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

No, all off road bikes I have seen just have the low beam. Only on factory street legal dual sport bikes have I seen them have both. I wired mine for both just in case one goes out while riding when I'm out past sunset. It is always nice to have a backup just for those situations!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Koko

Post by Koko »

After going over it again and doing a little more digging on the GasGas forum. I think my dim lighting problems lies withing my Stator.

These bikes came with a Kokusan 2k-2 or 2k-3. The 2k-2 was only good for 35watts. It exits the ignition cover at the 10'clock position. The 2k-3 exits at the 2 O'clock position and puts out 100watts. It appears I have the 2k-2.

I'd like to confirm I have everything wired correctly with my Multimeter. But again, I'm not too good with this type of thing. I'm pretty sure I need to use the Vdc setting. But do I use the Vdc 600, 200, 20, 2000m or 200m setting?
gsa102
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Electrical Wiring Help...trying to make the lights shine

Post by gsa102 »

VDC 20 (DC less than 20 volts)

Even if the voltage regulator was faulty, it wouldn't make more than 20 volts. The power may be AC if the regulator is not wired correctly.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, the YZ to go fast, the KDX is for fun!

96 KDX 200, 09 YZ 250