Yamaha IT200

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
KDXrider1989

Yamaha IT200

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I've heard from many that these are very good bikes. They look like a lot of fun, they seem to be very lightweight and simple in design, I might consider one in the future. Only problem I can see is parts availability. What are y'alls opinions on these bikes?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Yamaha IT200

Post by KDXGarage »

Get on eBay and research parts availability. Also, see if any aftermarket parts are available for wear parts. For example, does Wiseco make a piston for it or is it keep hoping to find an OEM on eBay? Any oddball bearings? The air-cooled KDX's have some oddball bearings, hard to find NOS parts, etc. The IT's may be the same.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Yamaha IT200

Post by SS109 »

The old IT175/200 bikes were awesome! My first full size bike was a '79 IT175. I absolute loved that bike. Great engine that is very similar to the KDX in that it is smooth, tractable, and reliable.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Fletch

Yamaha IT200

Post by Fletch »

My bud has one that he picked up this year. I've ridden it a few times and can say this. It doesn't have a powervalve, thus my kdx200 has more bottom, however the mid and top end power are just as good. The bike is light but the frame is smallish and looks weak. I;ve heard of cylinders being broken due to frame flex on g-outs. Reliable, but they have a mikuni that sucks to jet. Crappy spokes as well with the Z design. Nice clutch feel, but poor shifter feel for neutral. FOrks feel better than the stock kdxers on my 89. They seem to handle sharp hits at speed better and are plenty plush for the slow stuff. This bike is an 86 200 with a front disk. Fun woods bike overall and if the spokes can stay tight it'd be a fine ride.
Fletch
89 kdx 200 with 99 rm125 forks